Some fork questions for a 99 kx125?

Just did a rebuild on my kx forks and they seem a little stiff from the first ride. I put in new bushings and seals and followed that with ss-7 5 wt oil. With the forks compressed and spring out I had 95 mm from the top of the oil to the top of the fork. Just wondering what characteristics I would see from taking some oil out? Or if you guys have a magic number that works good for more woods riding than mx?

With the forks compressed and spring out I had 95 mm from the top of the oil to the top of the fork.

these are bladder fork numbers. the 99 has no bladder fork, its more like 125mm, but have no exact numbers here. for woods its even less oil, 130-140mm...

Just did a rebuild on my kx forks and they seem a little stiff from the first ride. I put in new bushings and seals and followed that with ss-7 5 wt oil. With the forks compressed and spring out I had 95 mm from the top of the oil to the top of the fork. Just wondering what characteristics I would see from taking some oil out? Or if you guys have a magic number that works good for more woods riding than mx?

Is your fluid Showa Suspension Fluid SS-7 (5 wt)?