Sign in to follow this  

Plz help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently bought a crf 250 once at the track last sunday my back brake wasnt working as if therewas somthing there then no pressure at all, so i bled the brake lines still no pressure, so i bought a seal kit to rebuild the master cylinder and still no luck, so i decided to take the bike to my local bike shop they done a better job of bleeding the brakes, and was working then took bike for a spin then same happened again and there was brake fluid leaking from the rear calliper any one kno why my brake is losing pressure all the time, hence bled brake and rebuilded the mc.

any help at all would be awsome thanks matt

Pobably the seals behind the pistons... pretty easy fix. Shoot compressed air into the caliper and the pistons will come out, pull the old seals out and install the new ones. That would be the first place Id look.

Pobably the seals behind the pistons... pretty easy fix. Shoot compressed air into the caliper and the pistons will come out, pull the old seals out and install the new ones. That would be the first place Id look.

For about the same price as a mc rebuild kit you can buy a caliper rebuild kit too. Good idea to do them both at the same time. Im suprised the dealer didnt recommend that if you took it in. Pretty easy to do tho so youll be fine.

.. or a 2nd-hand caliper ready-to-go.

I am new to dirt bikes, but on street bikes the pad dust builds up on the pistons, if you change the pads you're pushing all that crap back behind the seals. Before installing new pads, with the old pads removed, pump the pistons out carefully - one side at a time if dual-piston - and use brake cleaner and a toothbrush to get it off.

..a