Sign in to follow this  

Ideas for yet another bike.........

Ok everyone, im back and tossing out the same question as last time around. Only different.

Wifey got a little jealous of all the time i spent in the dirt this season, and now she wants to give it a try. New bike for her, no track, just trail riding. Heres the rundown.

About Her:

5'1" tall

115lbs in gear

never rode a bike in her life, some time on quads

The Bike

Im thinkin i want her on a 4t for now. Prolly gonna spring for a rekluse for it. At her height it seriously limits whats available, she wont be able to toe touch on a full size. Tried on all mine, even the yammy bottomed out she couldnt toe touch. Needs to have lights, spark arrestor, or at least quality stuff available. Doesnt need a ton of power, in fact probably best to start her off light. Electric start, with kick backup.

Once again, no brand loyalty, just want the right tool for the job. I dont think i want to try and make a MX bike work, would rather it came out of the box and landed on the trail.

Lemme know what you all think, any feedback would be great.

How about a KX100, my son has never fouled a plug on it and he has putt around on it a lot when my younger son it trail riding with us. And if you want the power, it is there too!

I'm also a female 5'2 110 pounds on a kx100. Of course I have more riding experience then her but the 2 stroke mx bikes are seriously something to consider for small people like us. The size to weight ratio is much lighter then the trail bikes. You could always get a fly wheel weight. And she already has experience with throttle control from riding quads, remember you only go as fast as you twist the throttle.