Sign in to follow this  

Gearing Question

I have a 2000 rm250 running stock gearing 13-49, somtimes alittle tall for the tight single track. anybody try running a 12-49 and howed you like it.

thanks jim.

I run 12/50 on my 02. It works very good in the woods for me. Open roads everybody puts me to shame, at lest on the top end.

no i haven't, just replaced chain and sprockets so i thought it would be cheaper to try changing the front.

i run a 13-50 and i ride from track to trails and i like it alot...more towards track...but still love it in the trails but our trails around here are mostly river trails not alot of tight 1st and 2nd gear

12t front will be eating chains really quick.

?? If you don't oil it maybe, but I have no problems with mine. I do run an "o" ring chain though.

i dont trust o-ring chains....seen to many snap and their heavier and create more of a drag...u shouldnt have a prob with a 12T keep the panther piss on it

i dont trust o-ring chains....seen to many snap and their heavier and create more of a drag...u shouldnt have a prob with a 12T keep the panther piss on it

just curious, whats a good standard chain or what kind do you use?

ive always ran D.I.D chains never had one break and run a chain a season then get a new one depends on how much i ride the D.I.D Gold is the best but its pricey D.I.D 520ert2 or D.I.D 520DZ

Rocky Mtn 520 RDO chain on my 86 YZ 250, 02 RM 250, and 03 DRZ 400 (440). Ran that chain for several years on each bike. Changed when sprockets were bad. Never had a problem with any. Only ride trails so weight is not an issue. But like any chain, keep it lubed, adjusted, and check it for wear.