Sign in to follow this  

CRF vs RMZ

Whats your take on the RMZ and CRF 250's. They are the 2 bikes that I want but can't decide which one.

It would be either a 2010-2011 RMZ

or a 2011 CRF (2010's had crank issues)

Just want to know the pros and cons of each.

Your going to find each person will have a differant reason why they'd pick one bike... After owning one CRF and now two RMZ's I'd get another RMZ. But thats just me. I just don't get along with Honda.

Your going to find each person will have a differant reason why they'd pick one bike... After owning one CRF and now two RMZ's I'd get another RMZ. But thats just me. I just don't get along with Honda.

What year was your Honda and what year are your Suzuki's?

im obviously going to recommend the Suzuki, that's not to say that the Honda is a bad bike (because i haven't ridden it) but its hard NOT to recommend the RMZ, because it has such a good base, that is, it handles very well and has a good motor. some have been encountering tranny issues with the RMZ though (i personally am still going strong at 36hrs), so if your buying one a 15w 50 oil has been working well to prolong the trannys...

Gotta say from my own experiance the RMz is where its at. I ride a 09 and it rocks! The only hard part was getting use to having a yellow thing in the back of my truck, now I love the yellow! lol

Gotta say from my own experience the RMz is where its at. I ride a 09 and it rocks! The only hard part was getting use to having a yellow thing in the back of my truck, now I love the yellow! lol

lol i know what you mean, i was red for a while and when i first got the bike id sometimes forget and for split second panic that someone stole my bike haha. but im very happy with it so far

I really don't want a bike that is going to possibly have tranny issues, is the false neutral problem on suzuki's still lurking on the 2010-2011 RMZ's?

just like every thread asking this question honda owners will say honda and suzuki owners will say suzuki. Ride both is possible, both are good bikes and you can be happy with both. If you ride both an still can't decide find the better deal.

just like every thread asking this question honda owners will say honda and suzuki owners will say suzuki. Ride both is possible, both are good bikes and you can be happy with both. If you ride both an still can't decide find the better deal.

Yeah but if the Suzuki's still have the Tranny issues then I dont want anything to do with them, the Honda's seem like a solid bike, and so do the Suzuki's if the problem is gone.

Yeah but if the Suzuki's still have the Tranny issues then I dont want anything to do with them, the Honda's seem like a solid bike, and so do the Suzuki's if the problem is gone.

The tranny issues don't happen to everyone. Hondas also have problems of their own.

Honda look, feel, and handle great but there unicam engine is the reason to stay away unless you like doing valves more than riding

speaking from experience with both get the RMZ you wont regret it

Honda look, feel, and handle great but there unicam engine is the reason to stay away unless you like doing valves more than riding

speaking from experience with both get the RMZ you wont regret it

I own a 08 CRF 250R right now and I have well over 50 hours on it and I didn't touch the valves once.

there are no valve problems with the hondas. i have had many hondas and if you do your regular maintance, you wont have any problems. and i dont know much about suzuki tranny issues but i have heard some issues from honda. I have a honda, its a great bike. But i am switching to the yellow bike this year after i rode a few and really liked them. the new hondas to me are very slow, the suzuki seems to have more and they both handle great. you cant go wrong with either bike but i would choose the suzuki

for what its worth there have been some reported issues of tranny troubles on the RMZ, but using a thicker oil (20W-50) as well as regular maintenance may help prolong the tranny. when i used to have honda's (04 and 08) i unfortunately did have bad valve life, even after the recommended air box reseal and "vigilant" air filter maintenance. the new CRF's apparently don't have the problem anymore but i haven't had experience with them since 08. I would say: if your looking for overall quality, the CRF is the choice, if you want a good base for racing, the RMZ is the way to go.