Sign in to follow this  

found hidden mx track

I found this hidden mx track in the mountains a few miles from my house.

Been there a few times, and on a nice day it has potential .

It has a bridge and tunnel , plus a 38 bike starting gate.From the video you cannot tell the elevation changes , but it has some pretty good up hill and down hill sections.

Alot of it is over grown from weeds, and part of the track is missing? looks like at some point they dumped huge rocks from a nearby quarry, so I improvised and just go through and around that section to get back on track.

The story I was told was 15 years ago or so the guy built the track (which looks to be much wider) to hold some races, they had a few practices and on the day of their first race, the gates were locked up and race was cancelled.

Anyhow, for me it is another good riding spot, get my gear on, open the garage door and seven minutes later I am there.

Edited by ncc

So i am taking it that , the land is Private ?? , and no one has any issues with people being there , including the authorities ?? , as i would think that would be a liability issue and most likely why the track got shut down in the first place , just wondering as it looks like in the summer when the snow is gone , it would be a great place to practice , but you would have to be wary of Trespassing Tickets or fines without written permission

Not trying to rain on your parade , just would hate to see you go to jail or pay a huge fine for no reason other than trying to have fun at a cool place to ride!

So i am taking it that , the land is Private ?? , and no one has any issues with people being there , including the authorities ?? , as i would think that would be a liability issue and most likely why the track got shut down in the first place , just wondering as it looks like in the summer when the snow is gone , it would be a great place to practice , but you would have to be wary of Trespassing Tickets or fines without written permission

Not trying to rain on your parade , just would hate to see you go to jail or pay a huge fine for no reason other than trying to have fun at a cool place to ride!

No closed gates, no , no trespassing signs , nothing,, looks like alot of people ride there.

,I have encountered a few others riding there, they told me the story, I also pass two other "tracks" on the way to this one.

Edited by ncc

I'm not sure I'd call that "hidden" I was riding there back in 2001, I figured everyone who rides 5 mile pass knew about this.

I moved from another state to Utah,, and lived here for a few years and not many people that live here their entire life and even ride 5 mile, do not know about it, and I stumble onto it.. Yes it is hidden. or more like abandoned.

(BTW it is not anywhere near 5 mile pass)