Sign in to follow this  

Washington $99 Discovery Pass Violation tickets at Tahuya

will be issued starting this weekend.

The grace period is over..

"At the Focus Group meeting tonight they announced that there is a special

emphasis patrol this weekend in the Tahuya scheduled and they are going to be writing tickets for no Discover pass for the first time there. The regional LEO Chris Rankin will be traveling around with Ray checking and writing tickets. They will be inforcing them for now on.

Not looking to start a rant session about them, I think we all have the same

opinion, just want to give a heads up so no one gets caught by surprise. It is

a $99.00 ticket.

If the ranger or a host is in the booth at Belfair state park, you can get one

from them. If they are not there, there is a pay booth there that you can put

ten dollars in and put the stub on your windshield and you are good anywhere for the day. It is on the honor system, the DNR can not tell whether you actually put your money in the drop box back at the park or not, but I'm sure no one would do that, right?"

I don't mind paying for a discover pass(purchased mine in July), As long we can keep enjoying our state forests...as well as keep them open for our enjoyment. I rode out of Sand Hill, today. Less than a week since I staged there last. Some @$#hole cleaned out his vehicle down in the pit. I'm sure

there are organized work parties which address these issues. I've volunteered

my time cleaning up the trash left by others. It's sad that some people truly

believe our public lands will never be closed, even as they dump trash...

Again & again.

Hopefully that $2.40 from the d-pass that goes to the DNR will be spent wisely and in a way that benefits those that paid the coin.

It's sad that some people truly

believe our public lands will never be closed, even as they dump trash...

Again & again.

Even sadder.

They don't even think that far out.

It is all about what is convenient for them at the moment, everything else is someone else's problem/fault.

Even sadder.

They don't even think that far out.

It is all about what is convenient for them at the moment, everything else is someone else's problem/fault.

Yeah and it also shows on public roads and parking lots. IMO the PNW has a lot of "trashy" people. I'm just glad that the garbage left in the woods is declining, maybe that will also happen in other areas.

Hopefully that $2.40 from the d-pass that goes to the DNR will be spent wisely and in a way that benefits those that paid the coin.

And at that repulsive return for the DNR, it wont be long before they come after us again saying we need money to run things or will have to shut them down.

I finally bought one for my truck, grandson wants to do lots of trail riding next year, did it when I renewed my truck tags. :lol:

I would of just avoided the area (DNR and parks) and not purchased one, but it was for the grandson. We will have fun. Now I need to get my forest pass for another $30 :)

Does everywhere within Tahuya NF now require a Dpass to park?

If it's DNR land, public land adjasunt to DNR land then yes. Private property doesn't need a pass, but w/o knowing someone out there, your pretty much buying a pass

If it's DNR land, public land adjasunt to DNR land then yes. Private property doesn't need a pass, but w/o knowing someone out there, your pretty much buying a pass

Interesting. I noticed when I was there a few weeks back, that only the staging areas had signs up. Tahuya is a big place, and much of it wanders in and out of lots of area. Hard to understand how they are going to enforce that in all areas. :lol:

maybe that was a subliminal suggestion? :)

Feds passed it off to state years ago. They ain't interested unfortunately.

You can bet this enforcement will be high. If they even get 25% of the vehicles without Disco - that's $99 per siting. I bet they could write 5 or so per hour. That's one big ROI to the state. :lol:

You can bet this enforcement will be high. If they even get 25% of the vehicles without Disco - that's $99 per siting. I bet they could write 5 or so per hour. That's one big ROI to the state. :lol:

Someday, I may have to carry a potato...and a stick. I wonder how entertaining it will be to watch? :)

I guess when my leg gets better, I'll be carpoolin with Joe this winter...I aint payin til they adjust the rules :banghead:

Well DNR Enforcement conveniently missed the high season at Mt Si.:lol:

Yup, it's almost as if they know we're riding DNR lowlands now. :)

But good point, high season has left the bldg for Mt. Si. Wonder why the focus on us for the winter? Coffers still shy after ALL that budget cutting?

Well DNR Enforcement conveniently missed the high season at Mt Si.:lol:

I don't think that the DNR gets a penny from the tickets, so there must be other motives for inforcing/not inforcing pass compliance.

Someday, I may have to carry a potato:

Just remember that when you stick it in your pants before talking to the ladies, this time put it in the front. :lol:

Edited by tod701

I thought that at least most of the Tahuya Forest came from land that timber companies abandoned to avoid paying property tax after clearcutting?

Just remember that when you stick in your pants before talking to the ladies, this time put it in the front. :lol:

I know your truck...now I gotta carry two potatoes. :)

<just funnin>