Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Why is there gas coming out of my crankcase overflow tube on my 2001 Blaster?

The guy I bought the quad from rebuilt the motor because it lost compression, whenever he got it together it started having the problem. It will start at first when its cold, then gas, and oil start coming out of my crankcase overflow tube. I have heard many things on this and I want to see what you all think before I start into this project. ( I bought the quad like this, figured it couldnt be too hard to fix)

Any proof that it was actually rebuilt? :lol:

One of the primary causes of oil and fuel out the crankcase vent is poor ring seal.

yes there are new gaskets on the top end, they only rebuilt the top end. I also dicovered that there may have been a bad seal at the reeds, but I have been told that that would cuse it to lean out and rev high. I have also been told by someone who owns his own shop that it is alsmot 100% percent sure it was a crank seal.

the trans has the overflow tube, not the crankcase. if you had a bad crank seal, it would lean out and blow up if it was on the generator side. if the seal on the clutch side was going bad, you would be burning trans oil and the power would drop off and burn a blue smoke. ive owned several blasters over the years and built some little screamers. you need to post some pics showing where this oil and gas is coming from. is your oil injection still hooked up? im wondering if the tube that comes from the pump is disconnected.

Turned out to be bad crank seals, thanks for all you alls help :bonk:

now I have a new problem, while the quad is in gear it acts like its in nuetral. almost like the clutch is always engauged any ideas on that one?