Sign in to follow this  

Showa center bolt (rebound adjuster) interchangeability?

Servicing the forks on my new-to-me '02 CR250 and one of the rebound adjusters was frozen. Tried everything to loosen it up but nothing worked. Had the same trouble on my KX250F. The assembly for that was $25. So, I figured I'll have to drill it out and order a new one. When I looked up the part number it's $80! What's the difference between model years? The same part for an '05 CRF450 is $25. It's a different part number but I can't believe it's not interchangeable. Anyone know for sure?

well, this is redneck; but so am i. heat the fawk out of that adjuster (i assume it's out), then spray pb, or some penetrating oil in it, then try to turn it.

okay, try this: boil it for 30+ min. then try to turn it. it's aluminum so heat will help out. just don't crack-torch the mf'er for long. heat's yur friend! go get 'em!

yes it's the same part. the adjuster should be the same on all the 47mm showas. call pc, mb1, or racing suspension products to confirm that. good luck.

Thanks. I had to drill it in order to remove it from the dampener. It only backs out so far and then the d-shaped rod starts to twist. It's all apart now but need to replace the adjuster. I think it's the same too so I'm ordering the newer version. I will call Factory Connection on Monday just to be sure. Riding is over here in Maine so no hurry.

Any of you gurus have any input? Would love to know for sure before I order the newer version. Thanks!

They are not all interchangeable. There are some differences- there may very well be a Honda part that fits but I don't know right off hand.