Sign in to follow this  

beginning traction levels

I want to start up riding an 85cc on an old airstrip kart track. How friendly are carters to two wheels?

Anyway, I think I have found my wheelset and am wondering about dual sport and slick tires. I was thinking slicks are for experts AND, more importantly, were for pristine tracks. I'm under the impression touring or dual sport tires are more forgiving in less than optimal conditions, such as sand, loose pavement and last but not least rain.

It seems difficult to want slicks or regular street tires.

17"s are cool too but seem more fitting on a half mile or bigger track with 125 of ccs.

I want to start up riding an 85cc on an old airstrip kart track. How friendly are carters to two wheels?

Anyway, I think I have found my wheelset and am wondering about dual sport and slick tires. I was thinking slicks are for experts AND, more importantly, were for pristine tracks. I'm under the impression touring or dual sport tires are more forgiving in less than optimal conditions, such as sand, loose pavement and last but not least rain.

It seems difficult to want slicks or regular street tires.

17"s are cool too but seem more fitting on a half mile or bigger track with 125 of ccs.

Slicks IMHO are the way to go.. way better traction but they do take a bit to get used to and you need to play with air pressures as well as have a set of Tire Warmers :)

For tires if you don't want to go slicks try and find a decent 80/20 dualsport tire like Ditanzia's or something like that :lol:

Now as far as being friendly it all depends on the track. I would suggest contacting them and get all your info you will need like bike prep (catchcan, sliders ect)

If you are near new to motorcycling I would just go for a soft compound road tyre for the bitumen...

Alternatively a soft compound 80/20 dual purpose tyre will give you the flexibility of good road grip with off road capability ...

Slicks are for racing purposes and I hardly think you would be presently pushing at that level..