Sign in to follow this  

2003 kx 250 mid year change?

Hello all! well i was just reading through some other threads and came across something that concerns me and my steed. A mid year change for the 2003 kx 250 exhaust mount bracket, if someone could shed some light on this for me it would be much appreciatd as i ride a 2003 kx 250 and in the maarket for a new pipe. Thanks for the info.

My wife and I have owned 3 03 250s and the mounts were the same between all of them. The mounts were changed on the 04 model. The 03 has a mount by the subframe/frame junction. A small aluminum dogbone with a rubber insulator in the end. The 04 did away with this and added a extra bracket to the frame above the pipe somewhat below the tank on the right side. You could use a 04 pipe on the 03 with some modifications. Ive been thinking of adding a bracket to the 03 frame so I could mount either pipe on my wifes 03.

• Like 1

Yes, I believe there was. My FMF pipe came with an adapter that you may or may not need depending on which one you have. Mine needed the adapter. It goes on the rubber damper that attaches the expansion chamber to the frame.

Yes, I believe there was. My FMF pipe came with an adapter that you may or may not need depending on which one you have. Mine needed the adapter. It goes on the rubber damper that attaches the expansion chamber to the frame.
Yep. There was a running change mid-year to the '03 pipe mount. Both FMF and PC sell an adapter.

I tnink I see what your talking about now. My FMF Gnarly came with a longer adapter for the lower mount by the waterpump. I think it was a FMF thing more than a Kawasaki change. The 03 had a dip in the powerband that FMF addressed later on with some shims for the powervalve governor(my pipe didnt come with them but I believe the new ones do). Maybe they changed the pipe shape to help with this issue.

Thanks for all the info.....much appreciated I actually did the powervalve mod without having an after market pipe and don't think I like .....I liked the harder hit. Chockey where may I find one pf these adapters and how would I know if I needed one