Sign in to follow this  

Getting the most out of a 05 crf 250

Can some one help me im building up my 250 i just bought a big bore kit from cylinder works "81.00mm", also a stage 1 hot cam and a wiseco performance crankshaft. im not a crazy rider at all but when i want power i want it to be there, im worried that after all this performance work that im puting into it it will be starving for fuel. should i rejet it? if so what kind should i get? also the performance parts that i bought was that a good choice?

Thanks Brandon

While you are at it refresh all the other components like: brake and clutch lever, all cables, resharpen the footpegs or install new ones, re-grease or change all outer bearings. Do a quick run down all of the major bolts with a torque wrench. Doing this insures that your 05 will feel more fresh. I can't tell you how how good a bike feels just by simply changing things like levers and cables.

you may want to go richer, i got the r cam, head, piston and the jetting everybody recomended had good snap but still bogged if you open the throttle all the way in a high gear with the rpms low so i keep going richer on the main till all the bog went away. It's not as snappy but it run like fuel injected, you cant make it bog no matter how quick you open the throttle.

I posted on the wrong page, thought i was on the x page!

You really don't need a jd kit.

Go get:

55 leak jet

A NEW 42 pilot, 45 pilot

170-180 mains, heck probably 170-178.

Start with the needle in the 3rd spot, 42 pilot and 172. Ride it and tweak it as needed. You pay jd 80 bucks for 2 needles, one of which you won't ever use. Some trial and error and you'll save 60 bucks, which you could spend on suspension.

I've got 2 05's one with a jd, one without. The non jd kitted bike is much more snapper and has more hours on the motor.