Sign in to follow this  

Installing a Hammerhead holeshot device?

I have a 2011 YZ450 and am trying to understand how this template goes on.

It's a small paper template that has adhesive on the back of it after you peel the paper backing off.

It says to align the corner of the template to the upper inside corner of the fork guard. Here's the deal........The template is a rectanglier shaped and on the right and side has a line going up the side and curves at the top to make a corner.

When I put the template on the inside corner of the fork guard the outline of the template doesn't match up with the the corner of the fork guard. In other words the line on the template doesn't curve with the corner of the fork guard.

Anyways.....if anyone has a hammerhead hole shot device how did you go about installing it?

Don't worry about aligning the top corner. Get it where you want it top to bottom, then left to right and follow the edge of the template to make sure it is perfectly vertical. I usually will do this with the fork guard on my kitchen counter which gives me a flat perfectly flat surface. Stand the fork guard up on the 3 bolt openings and it is straight up and down. That helps get the template straight.

Greg

Thanks for ya help......That helped a lot. I was thinking about doing that anyways but just wanted to make sure.

Here is some pics of what I was talking about. I believe the template was for a fork guard for 09 and earlier years. The 2010 and 11 model fork guards curve a little more at the corners.

2011 YZ450f fork guard

DSC01621.jpg

The template on the guard

DSC01622.jpg

Trying to align the template with the corner of the guard. As you can see the corner of the template goes past the corner of the guard.

DSC01623.jpg

Here I show how much overhang there is past the corner.

DSC01624.jpg

Now if someone else is not sure about how to align the corners with the Hammerhead holeshot device maybe this will help them.