Sign in to follow this  

TTR 225 setup question

I just bought a 2001 TT-R 225 for my wife. This is going to be her first bike and her Christmas present this year. We ride Trails withs some decent jumps great hill and nasty rutts. When I went and test rode this bike the first thing I noticed was the gearing. It needs new sprockets and chains right now and I want to know wha the best setup is for us. My wife is a complete novice she has rode our 11yr olds KX80 around the yard but wont get into the power band much with it. Really any suggestions with this bike will be appreciated. I have 3 weeks to get it ready for her and want it as close to perfect as I can get:thumbsup:

I'd say get the new chain and sprockets, but make sure to like take the tank off and cleann EVERYTHING, my guess is that your wife wont appreciate a dirty bike in her house on christmas morning. I would think clean up the seat, and get a few pieces of "bling" to make her feel special. Maybe a new gas cap, and like a cool shifter?? Fix anything wrong with it too, maybe some shiny new tires....

buy a chain/sprocket kit for the bike, i think rk chain offers it about 120 -150ish dollars... saves some money. if you want it to look cool put barkbusters a graphics kit and maybe a different set of handlebars.. maybe a slip on if you're feeling generous and of course jet it to suit. but fix anything thats wrong with it first! and you could get her some custom number/name plates! that would be cool!