Flywheel weight?

I am sure this has been posted about but anyways i want a fesh opinion....

:banghead:?:cheers:

i own a 05 yz250 and was wondering what the thoughts were on a 11oz weight??

my background is all 4 strokes this is my first 2 smoker...i ride at a novice level on the track and probably ride 60% track 40% trail... i like trail/single track better but i live 20 mins from a track so i tend to ride it a lot?:banghead:

I an 11oz on mine and love it. Easier to kick over, more luggable, smoother power delivery, and it will idle forever and a day now. The bike still has good snap and has suffered no ill effects.

I did have to make a 1mm spacer with an old ignition cover do to it burning through.

I an 11oz on mine and love it. Easier to kick over, more luggable, smoother power delivery, and it will idle forever and a day now. The bike still has good snap and has suffered no ill effects.

I did have to make a 1mm spacer with an old ignition cover do to it burning through.

awesome looks like i will be purchasing one..

What type of terrain? I would want different weights for desert and eastern enduro.

If you are riding eastern rocks, roots and hills run the 13 oz weight, send the top end to Eric Gorr for a bottom-to-mid porting job, and get the forks revalved by someone who know how to fix the '05 forks (Jeff Slavens revalved mine).

Hit up the search, there's quite a few posts, and even more opinions on the flywheel weight.

My 05 came with one. Had it on/off numerous times. Ended up selling it, just wasn't for me. My biggest gripe was if I was lugging along and then accelerated, the extra flywheel made the bike slow to pick up revs and get on pipe. Found I could just about run a gear higher without the flywheel weight as the bike was more responsive. Could be cured with a downshift or some clutch work, but running without the weight was an easy cure as well. I haven't regretted it at all.

our trail around here are a lot of rocks...basically either desert or sierra riding.

i really enjoy the bike with the power now i love the 2 stoke...for as long as i thought there we old obsolete technology i have been kicking myself since i have owned mine...should have had one my whole life.

thinking i may do what you did adam728 and just try it with it on and off

Steahly has thick gaskets or spacers for its flywheel weights. I bet the boyesen cover will clear if you use a spacer.

it will fit with the white plastic spacer from boyesen. i like the 9oz the best.i have tried them all. it's does the trick without making the power delivery "lame"

i swear we have like 10 threads a week about this very same topic. anybody use the search function any more??