Sign in to follow this  

KX450f 2010

Ive just installed a new wiseco piston and full pro circuit system, and had the head completely overhauled with new valves, and a clean up, now the bike wont start there is enough compression and ive checked the clearances they are all good, any ideas of where ive gone wrong!

Maybe you forgot a rag or piece of paper somewhere in the intake?

You may need to bump start it. I did the same build on my old 250f and it wouldn't start via kicking. Bump start it and run it for a 10-15 minutes to warm it up.

Ive just installed a new wiseco piston and full pro circuit system, and had the head completely overhauled with new valves, and a clean up, now the bike wont start there is enough compression and ive checked the clearances they are all good, any ideas of where ive gone wrong!

On the newer kx450fs they only fire every other rotation , so you might have the valves timed with the wrong top dead center. Try setting the cams to the next TDC of the crank.

Hope this helps

Ernie

• Like 1

Double and triple check the mechanical timing. Then check all electrical connections. If you leave one unplugged the ecm will (in layman's terms) do some crazy stuff depending on which one you left unplugged. As far as the mechanical timing goes, if you are one tooth off it may or may not run but it will feel fine when you kick it. The timing is an easy thing to goof up so sit down with a light and turn the engine by hand at the crank in proper direction of rotation and check every timing mark. Do this several times to make sure you can repeat it every time with the marks perfect.

It will still start if its off a tooth on one of the cams. Its funny bc I have a 2010 and I cannot get mine to start only days after it ran better than it ever has. It wants to start really bad, but it just backfires. I found out through swapping parts out from my friends bike that my fuel pump is shot. IM not saying this is your problem, but mine worked perfect one second, and didnt the next. Pull your plug, and see if it has spark when you kick it over. If it does, its a fuel issue like I have. This is all given that your timing is dead on that is.......