Sign in to follow this  

1.6bar radiator cap

Got a extreme race to do in a month that will be hot. Is it ok to run a 1.6bar cap to avoid the bike spitting all the coolant in the slow tight stuff?

Yes, it´s cheap insurance.

Be sure to inspect condition of hoses. The clamps should be tight, but not overly tight as to choke the hoses, it might cause a tear in it.

Yes, it´s cheap insurance.

Be sure to inspect condition of hoses. The clamps should be tight, but not overly tight as to choke the hoses, it might cause a tear in it.

Thanks D-K, helpfull as allways

Myler's Radioator has them very affordably. Ditto on make sure your system is ready for hiher pressures. I also route the overflow hose so it discharges by my left foot. A quick glance at a potential boilover section helps me know the status of the engines cooling ability. Also consider the one-piece "Y" style silicone hoses. Many people have the plastic KXF connectors go south.

i have one on my bike from outlawracingproducts.com i think i got it for 20$ at the track when i lost my original. and yeah make sure you're hoses are good. i have cv4 hoses so i dont know if its to much pressure for stock hoses.

From 07 and up the "Y" is metal instead of plastic. It can be ordered for the older models, or just get a hose kit that eliminates the need for the "Y" connector.