Sign in to follow this  

Stolen Dirt Bikes US

We have had a lot of dirt bikes stolen in the last 3 months here in the Midwest United States and some of these might be getting moved in other areas so I would like to start a thread to help stop this trend.

If you have had one stolen, you know how it feels and if you haven't, if we band together, we will make it impossible for these guys to sell them or part them out. I have recovered one of mine years ago after a year by watching the paper and got it back.

I have 4 on the WFO Web site so here is info.

Can everyone please keep a lookout for a bike that was stolen out of a garage in Mountain Grove, Mo Thanksgiving night (11-24-2011). It is a 2010 Honda CRF 250R. It has black plastic with red ASV levers, red Vortex sprocket, Pro Taper bars, Pro Circuit lowering linkage, red Hammerhead shift lever, Hammerhead holeshot device, Mishimoto radiators and suspension done by Pro Action. The VIN is JH2ME1037AK603592, this bike belongs to a friend of mines son, if everyone could keep their eyes and ears open it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Fastrax Motosports 417-934-0065 417-934-0065

Posts: 15 This was posted Monday (11-28-2011) on another forum about this bike, Cabool MX is offering a $500 reward for information that leads to the return of this bike.

MicahCRF2520R.jpg

I printed up pamphlets and dropped off to Mike and Tim at Donnels Suzuki in Independence MO and they are informing others. I put pictures and info on pamphlets. The more we band together to find the thief's, the less likely these guys are going to steal from our friends and fellow racers.

We have this on 4 Dirt bike forums and there are others putting up posters and info on other sites

Two dirt bikes were stolen in the Owasso area on Thursday night October 27th around 12:30 am. They were a 2006 Yamaha YZ 250 and a 2006 Honda CRF 230. Neighbor said they saw a small light colored truck messing around in the area. Both Bikes had enduro computers mounted on them, and were both covered in red dirt from racing in Oklahoma City the weekend be. Attached are pictures of both the bikes. If anyone knows any information please contact Michael Pitts at

918-510-4448.

Thank you!

StolenDirtBikes.jpg

StolenDirtBikes2.jpg

Here is one without pictures.

#1 11-19-2011, 09:52 AM

cemmons32

TT Silver Member Join Date: Jan 2006

need help finding stolen bike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had an almost brand new 2010 honda crf250 stolen out of the back of our truck at the madison arenacross friday. These guys were really determined because it had 2 locks on the wheels so they had to carry it to their truck. I know it is a long shot but the bike is pretty rare as far as the parts that are on it. It has blue rims with magnesium colored hubs, magnesium colored clamps, white clutch, ignition, and head covers with red honda lettering and the engine plugs are also red. It had a blue fmf exhaust and black sunline levers. If by chance anyone sees this bike anywhere or just happens to see any of these parts or this bike for sale somewhere please let us know, this is a HUGE bummer, insurance isn't going to cover it since the bike itself was not insured so my brother is out a new bike and all the stuff he had put on it, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Like 2

NEED MORE HELP HERE. I have A Honda dealer putting the vin # into a data base so that if a dealer has this bike in for service, they will keep it and call police and others are putting poster up all over the Midwest US.

If you have had a bike stolen, this is the thread to put a picture and info on so we can band together and stop the thieves. :)

I know ther others out there with stolen bikes. Put up pictures.:lol:

just remember 98% of the time the guys who get busted with the bike are not the ppl who stole it and most of the time they have no idea it is a stolen bike and they paid top dollar to the thief to get it , seen it so many times , its not only the person who really owned the bike before it got stolen who gets hurt but also the person who bought the bike and thought it was a legit buy ,

my yz490 got stolen and recover'd 7 months later the person who had my bike was not a thief and did not even know the bike was stolen before he bought it , he forked out 1900 dollar for it and when police found it he lost out 1900 dollars for a bike he thought was legit

i felt so bad for him i ended up giving him 500 cash worst part was the thief sold my 490 to a mx dealer and the dealer did not check and just resold it to this guy

dealer copped a fine guy who stole the bike got a slap on the wrist the guy who bought the bike was down 1900 dollars , i got my bike back and felt guilty and bad for him and gave him $500 of my own cash at least it was something back to him

thing is guys thieving not only affect's the original owner but create's ripple effect

Hey had my bike stolen the first week in August here is the specs

2008 yz250f

-Locomx shroud graphics with 73 on the number plates

-blue hoses

-big chinese radiators

-blue sunline levers

-FMF megabomb with blue silencer

-blue pro circuit holeshot device

-black rad front wheel with blue rad hub and blue nipples

-black excel rear wheel with blue rad hub and blue spokes

(rear wheel had 5 missing spokes,broke them the weekend before)

-blue rear renthal sprocket

It was stolen out of my enclosed trailer in Auburn,Al along with a Honda2000ei generator Thanks-contact me at gobig73@hotmail.com

Vin#JYACG27C68A024518

Here are some pictures:

0328101121.jpg

CopyofIMG_7093.jpg

Edited by Grey73

Hey had my bike stolen the first week in August here is the specs

2008 yz250f

-Locomx shroud graphics with 73 on the number plates

-blue hoses

-big chinese radiators

-blue sunline levers

-FMF megabomb with blue silencer

-blue pro circuit holeshot device

-black rad front wheel with blue rad hub and blue nipples

-black excel rear wheel with blue rad hub and blue spokes

(rear wheel had 5 missing spokes,broke them the weekend before)

-blue rear renthal sprocket

It was stolen out of my enclosed trailer in Auburn,Al along with a Honda2000ei generator Thanks-contact me at gobig73@hotmail.com

Here are some pictures:

0328101121.jpg

CopyofIMG_7093.jpg

Do you have a VIN #. If you do, put that up too and go to local Yamaha dealer and have them put on bulleton to all Yamaha Dealerships. :lol:

Great idea!...I'm printing these pics and putting up in my trailer,that way everytime I ride they're there to remind me to keep an eye out....hope you all find your bikes!

ya I called all the shops around 100 miles plus and gave them the vin if it shows up there. Hopefully itll turn up soon, I put it on a local forum and got a call that it was spotted at a track so they're either real ballsy to ride it or already sold it and they guy does not have a clue its stolen.

just remember 98% of the time the guys who get busted with the bike are not the ppl who stole it and most of the time they have no idea it is a stolen bike and they paid top dollar to the thief to get it , seen it so many times , its not only the person who really owned the bike before it got stolen who gets hurt but also the person who bought the bike and thought it was a legit buy ,

my yz490 got stolen and recover'd 7 months later the person who had my bike was not a thief and did not even know the bike was stolen before he bought it , he forked out 1900 dollar for it and when police found it he lost out 1900 dollars for a bike he thought was legit

i felt so bad for him i ended up giving him 500 cash worst part was the thief sold my 490 to a mx dealer and the dealer did not check and just resold it to this guy

dealer copped a fine guy who stole the bike got a slap on the wrist the guy who bought the bike was down 1900 dollars , i got my bike back and felt guilty and bad for him and gave him $500 of my own cash at least it was something back to him

thing is guys thieving not only affect's the original owner but create's ripple effect

Don't buy a used bike without a title or bill of sale which has been notorized. Do your homework, check the vin with local police. If the deal is to good to be real it most likely is.

you'll be lucky to get the cops to care if you do find the stolen bikes. I have had a stolen truck that can testify to that. Therefore I hate thieves with a passion. On the other hand karma may get the the thief in the end. A riding buddy had a yz250f stolen and got it returned when the guy crashed it on some railroad tracks and landed in the er. I never buy a bike without a title. Will keep my eyes peeled.

• Like 1

There are over 50 WFO Trailriders in the Midwestern US, Illinois,Kansas MO and Arkansas and 1,200 viewers. I am building a forum just on this and we travel all over the US, Mostly south and western US, but we will all keep an eye out for these bikes. I have some one from Oklahoma helping me too.

The more info we get out there, the more likely we will find some of these bikes and thieves. :lol:

We have had a lot of dirt bikes stolen in the last 3 months here in the Midwest United States and some of these might be getting moved in other areas so I would like to start a thread to help stop this trend.

If you have had one stolen, you know how it feels and if you haven't, if we band together, we will make it impossible for these guys to sell them or part them out. I have recovered one of mine years ago after a year by watching the paper and got it back.

I have 4 on the WFO Web site so here is info.

It was found in a creek bed/ditch by an old man looking for his lost cat, he called the cops & they called the owner. It was found close to Mountain Grove which is where it was stolen from.

Can everyone please keep a lookout for a bike that was stolen out of a garage in Mountain Grove, Mo Thanksgiving night (11-24-2011). It is a 2010 Honda CRF 250R. It has black plastic with red ASV levers, red Vortex sprocket, Pro Taper bars, Pro Circuit lowering linkage, red Hammerhead shift lever, Hammerhead holeshot device, Mishimoto radiators and suspension done by Pro Action. The VIN is JH2ME1037AK603592, this bike belongs to a friend of mines son, if everyone could keep their eyes and ears open it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Fastrax Motosports 417-934-0065 417-934-0065

Posts: 15 This was posted Monday (11-28-2011) on another forum about this bike, Cabool MX is offering a $500 reward for information that leads to the return of this bike.

MicahCRF2520R.jpg

I printed up pamphlets and dropped off to Mike and Tim at Donnels Suzuki in Independence MO and they are informing others. I put pictures and info on pamphlets. The more we band together to find the thief's, the less likely these guys are going to steal from our friends and fellow racers.

We have this on 4 Dirt bike forums and there are others putting up posters and info on other sites

Two dirt bikes were stolen in the Owasso area on Thursday night October 27th around 12:30 am. They were a 2006 Yamaha YZ 250 and a 2006 Honda CRF 230. Neighbor said they saw a small light colored truck messing around in the area. Both Bikes had enduro computers mounted on them, and were both covered in red dirt from racing in Oklahoma City the weekend be. Attached are pictures of both the bikes. If anyone knows any information please contact Michael Pitts at

918-510-4448.

Thank you!

StolenDirtBikes.jpg

StolenDirtBikes2.jpg

Here is one without pictures.

#1 11-19-2011, 09:52 AM

cemmons32

TT Silver Member Join Date: Jan 2006

need help finding stolen bike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had an almost brand new 2010 honda crf250 stolen out of the back of our truck at the madison arenacross friday. These guys were really determined because it had 2 locks on the wheels so they had to carry it to their truck. I know it is a long shot but the bike is pretty rare as far as the parts that are on it. It has blue rims with magnesium colored hubs, magnesium colored clamps, white clutch, ignition, and head covers with red honda lettering and the engine plugs are also red. It had a blue fmf exhaust and black sunline levers. If by chance anyone sees this bike anywhere or just happens to see any of these parts or this bike for sale somewhere please let us know, this is a HUGE bummer, insurance isn't going to cover it since the bike itself was not insured so my brother is out a new bike and all the stuff he had put on it, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edited by old man dave 59

It was found in a creek bed/ditch by an old man looking for his lost cat, he called the cops & they called the owner. It was found close to Mountain Grove which is where it was stolen from.

MicahCRF2520R.jpg

Edited by old man dave 59
  • Like 1

Well guys I found my bike almost a year later im pretty happy i got it back. I hope you all find your bikes as well.