Sign in to follow this  

Radiator lowering kit...

Have any of you experimented with the Dr. D radiator lowering kit? I just got me a 2012, and im looking to spend some cash... Also, is the clutch really that bad where you should be looking at replacing the entire assembly? I really dont abuse clutches very much, so I figured I could get away with stiffer springs.

Thanks

Never tried the lowering kit. The clutch will depend on you, I got 115 hours outta mine, while my friend who is the same speed burns one up every 20 hours. I would suggest just ripping it and see, if you burn them up quick get the hinson 6 spring kit.

For me the stock clutch sucks! Some riders have no problems with it and good for them they can save money or spend it else where,I would do the "remove the jugger" mod and get a Pro-X clearance reducer clutch rod ,those two mods will run about $45.00 and make a world of difference. If ya wanna spend more money? Get a Hydraulic clutch, not necessary but is nice to have and the feel stays consistant. If thats still too cheap for ya? get the Hinson. Pricey ,but it does work very well.

Good Luck and Have fun!

Oh and the lowering kit? I personally never used one or feel I need one on this bike, not that it cannot benefit? I just don't feel the need

I think for now Ill just stick with the springs. I really dont abuse a clutch very much, so ill test my luck. What sthe remove the jugger mod?