Sign in to follow this  

Oil man. or Moto. Man. directions for 2 stroke ratio?

Which should a person follow?

60:1 KTM

Maxima K2 40:1

Bel Ray HR1 50:1

Honda HP2 32:1

Other full synthetics or blends????

It seems that the jetting is important but so it seems is the oil Manufactures testing of their oil and what is safest and most efficient, best performance for the engine and oil.

Is there any scientific information from Magazines, Race teams, etc. that answers our questions?

Should I stick with the very expensive Motorex because that is what the bike is set up for?

I can not be the only on confused.

I and many of my friends have been using Amsoil Dominator at 50:1 for years, never a problem and u can wipe the powervalve clean with a rag...

If you use the oil that the OEM recommends then you can use the mix ratio that they suggest. KTM does suggest that you mix at 60:1, but only if you are using an oil that can handle that ratio. I personally would go with an oil that your dealership suggests, or go to KTM Talk and see what all of those guys are running (which oil).

If you chicken out and go with a lower ratio ... say 32:1, keep in mind that you are using more oil per gallon which means that you will also have less gas per gallon. And that means that your jetting will be leaner with 32:1 than it would have been with 60:1, and at that point you will have to increase your jet sizes to get back to the correct air fuel ratio that the bike was designed to run at.