Sign in to follow this  

paper filter life

How long would it take with a paper filter before it starts to clog and not circulate? If you change your oil every 4 hrs can the same filter work for 20hrs+?

i always go every other one with the filter but maybe i need to do it more or less. I can never get enough oil wars.

Everyone has there different maintenance procedure .. I change my oil every 3 hours and change the oil filter every other oil change. You can probably go more but thats what I have always done.

The post above has me lost a little, why would it matter if your riding in dusty conditions effect the oil filter? If your motor is sucking dust I would say that is your air filter nothing with the oil filter.

im thinking hes on air filters.

I have a routine as well with changes. makes me wonder if its excessive. if fresh oil is put in every few hours how dirty is the filter actually getting? You have the screen there too blocking quite a bit. even the drain bolt...

I know guys that leave there oil filters in for 10-20 hours but there still doing oil changes at 3-5 hours..So some are going 3-4 oil changes before changing the oil filter. I think its most important when the bike is new of course but personally its just piece of mind for me, the oil filters are cheap ($4 at rocky mnt) so I just change every other oil change. The one thing you cant be excessive with is maintenance especially the air filter.

That's for sure. When you ride a lot it's not so much the money, rather than remembering to order the things. Then if you have to do an extra ride on the same filter I stress out.

good question. i change mine every other oil change and change my oil every 3-5 hours. but when i do change my oil filters, they still look brand new.