Sign in to follow this  

Heinen's Motorsports...!!!

I sent an email to them because of the problem with the (second) bike that i bought from them and NO answer.

Awful customer service.

What are your experiences with them? (if any)

Please share.

Frustrated...!!:):lol:

I would suggest an actual phone call. Emails seem to be a poor way to contact dealerships. Phones get priority. Lot's of chain-yanking through emails, phonecalls tend to be a more serious customer.

limited experience with them. they had a bike nobody else in the country had, but a husky dealership isn't like a car, you can't have it shipped and sold to a local dealer: ie; uptite. so the best i could do was have it shipped in the crate to george, and have him assemble it and do the first heat cycle on it. prep it. yet months later, a southern state dealership was able to get models x shipped to him, where model demand was different. having delt with old husky mgt, i think they just didn't like george. shipping was prompt, price was as advertised, but haven't had to deal with heinen's since.

Thats why you pay a few dollars more and support your local shop. That few more dollars will go a long ways down the road when you need help / service.

I would suggest an actual phone call. Emails seem to be a poor way to contact dealerships. Phones get priority. Lot's of chain-yanking through emails, phonecalls tend to be a more serious customer.

They sold me the 2nd bike without any phone call.

But i will call them.

What's your problem already? You'll get it solved on these forums quicker and better than with them that many states away.

Ok, the problem is that after 30 to 45 min using the bike it will die, like if you cut the power.

After 10 minutes the bike will start again and will work fine for another 30 min.

Thks

I sent an email to them because of the problem with the (second) bike that i bought from them and NO answer.

Awful customer service.

What are your experiences with them? (if any)

Please share.

Frustrated...!!:):lol:

Email is NOT 100% reliable. There is lots of infrastructure between you and anyone you email, including all sorts of spam controls, both at your ISP and recipients. Never assume someone got your message without a call. We get 100s of emails per month and most are received, but some are not. And, I can't count the number of times we have replied, someone is ticked off, only to find the reply is sitting in their junk email folder. Even more fun is when someone is ticked off and come to find out that they fat fingered their email address in the contact form, so we had no hope of a reply being relayed.

Possible fuel pump? Had the same symptoms on a 11 TXC. Pump would seize when hot and work when cool. Took 45min to an hour to lock up. Replaced pump, I use race fuel or Lucas top end lube when using pump gas and have had no problems since.

Possible fuel pump? Had the same symptoms on a 11 TXC. Pump would seize when hot and work when cool. Took 45min to an hour to lock up. Replaced pump, I use race fuel or Lucas top end lube when using pump gas and have had no problems since.

I'd bet a lot that the actual failure was a leaking fuel filter, but since the filter and pump come as a pre-made assembly an assumption like that would be easy to make. With a faulty filter (split housing), the pump would have to work very very hard to keep up with the pressure/volume demands. If the filter wasn't compromised chances are the pump would be just fine.

I'd bet a lot that the actual failure was a leaking fuel filter, but since the filter and pump come as a pre-made assembly an assumption like that would be easy to make. With a faulty filter (split housing), the pump would have to work very very hard to keep up with the pressure/volume demands. If the filter wasn't compromised chances are the pump would be just fine.

??!!!! Haven't had my hands on one but if what you say is true.....WEAK DESIGN!

Ok, the problem is that after 30 to 45 min using the bike it will die, like if you cut the power.

After 10 minutes the bike will start again and will work fine for another 30 min.

Thks

If you do a search, I think you'll find your discription fits with others that have had fuel pump failures. It seems the ones prone to fail heat up and expand to the point of not working. Then cool off, bike runs, heats up quicker and fails.

??!!!! Haven't had my hands on one but if what you say is true.....WEAK DESIGN!

The pump, plate, regulator, filter are sold OEM as one- but they are not "one" you can inspect and change the filter as an individual part like the pump. I think Some Dude didn't explain it the way he meant and you understood it the way he said it.

I haven't heard of a filter spliting- but I've heard of fuel lines comming unattatched on replaced pumps that lack a barb/flare on the end... that would cause problems for sure.

to PO- I would work with dealer that is closer to you. You bought it from Heinens- leave it at that. Move on and resolve the problem- if you can' t resolve it yourself from help on forums- go to the nearest dealer.

Someone needs to go through it- Hooking it up to Ibeat would be helpful to verify some issues are not present- like the temp sensor (etc). Sometimes- the right diagnostition looking at the bike will find the issue quicker than you think- it could be 1 of a hundered silly/ substantial things. Start simple- if you are unfamiliar find someone who is otherwise it will take that much longer. Forums can help- but you are the hands and the eyes.

good luck:thumbsup:

Edited by DRZnXJnWI

The oem filter is a Mahle Knecht ML-15. If you research it's applications all the way bak to the 1970's on VW beetles, you will not find one fuel injected application it's ever been used on and was/is designed for a nominal operating psi of 7.25,.............the Husky's operates at 40psi and anything under 38psi will cause hiccups and anything less then 35psi at low rpms will induce a stall. Most filters manage to survive, however finding a replacement filter rated for 40psi working and burst pressure exceeding 75psi is impossible given the dimensions the filter needs to be to fit in the access hole and work in conjunction with the hard lines present. I've only spent about 20 hours of my life trying to come up with an off the shelf solution and it doesn't exist. Fastex here in the USA does make a filter that will fit no problem and is rated to survive the PSI both in operation and potential burst/spike psi. However it's a smaller filter and not rated for as much flow which would mean it would become a service interval, which isn't such a bad thing but we are still testing it's potential as a trouble free replacement/upgrade.

Interesting research- the filter itself apears a weak link as you point out- hopefully we all continue being lucky or an alternative is found- I think a few have swapped out the filter for an all metal one... but I don't know if they spec'ed it out correctly though- as you have attempted to do.

So, you have to replace the fuel pump?

Did the fuel pump was under warranty?

Thanks

So, you have to replace the fuel pump?

Did the fuel pump was under warranty?

Thanks

Your TE should have a 6 month warranty, however it is very un-ethical for a dealership to warranty a part on a bike that is not in their possession and to some degree is considered fraudulent on the basis of a warranty audit. So consequently getting anything covered under warranty on your bike is going to be a very difficult fight given the nature of the purchase/dealer history IMHO, not to pee on your plight but a motorcycle warranty is only as good as the relationship you have with the selling dealer and in this case documenting your situation via the internet is not helping in getting a good outcome from the selling dealer.