Sign in to follow this  

96 and newer XR250 shock

So I was getting ready to buy an XR400 shock and luckly looked here first. So now Im in search of a XR250 shock. I have looked at the usual places and nothing under $250 or so. Any one know of a XR250 being parted out, ect...?:lol:

Why do you need to replace yours? They are supposed to be rebuilt periodically.

The shaft is bent and it will cost so much to rebuild...Shurley someones parting one out.

How did you manage to do that?

I have no idea. I just bought this XR280 not running right for $500...Jetting was crazy off, and the CDI was cutting out after 5 minutes of running great. So I bought a new CDI took it out on my MX track and landed from a jump and the shock locked all the way down! Hurt like hell but I didn't crash. Fun little bike that already has the brake light set up on the rear etc....Could be a neat D/S bike!

I have an unabused 2001 with engine problems

not sure if to rebuild or use for parts

I'd like to see her run again but

too many projects ...

anyone else need bits and pieces?

that would help me make a decission

I have no idea. I just bought this XR280 not running right for $500...Jetting was crazy off, and the CDI was cutting out after 5 minutes of running great. So I bought a new CDI took it out on my MX track and landed from a jump and the shock locked all the way down! Hurt like hell but I didn't crash. Fun little bike that already has the brake light set up on the rear etc....Could be a neat D/S bike!

ouch

I haven't seen a cheap 96+ shock on ebay in quite some time.

Hit up motorecycler.com, I bought an XR4 front end from him a couple years ago for a very reasonable price. I didn't see a shock listed so you might want to email and ask. He used to be a member here, not sure if he's still around.

Yea..Im willing to wait out a cheap shock. But it can't be toast..The one I was watching went for 2bills! I should have just bought it! It was like new! If I buy one that needs work I will be saving nothing!

Yea..Im willing to wait out a cheap shock. But it can't be toast..The one I was watching went for 2bills! I should have just bought it! It was like new! If I buy one that needs work I will be saving nothing!

I would assume they all need an oil change, a new seal head, bumper and bladder at this point.

I bought one for $20 a few years ago. It was listed as an 89 shock though. I modified it to work on my 84.

I don't want to tie up alot of cash in this build. That is the hard thing about old bike fix ups..You better really love the bike. I do not love this bike and need to do it cheap! If it was a 83 CR250/125..I wouldn't mind the cash out flow! I bought this one to flip!

I bought one for $20 a few years ago. It was listed as an 89 shock though. I modified it to work on my 84.

forgive

there seems to be an abundance of cheap parts for XR250 <95

but not so much for >96

I actually just got a 2001 xr250r in yesterday. (thanks for recommending me xr250rdr). Shoot me a pm MXP.

I actually just got a 2001 xr250r in yesterday. (thanks for recommending me xr250rdr). Shoot me a pm MXP.

Hey, no problem. :lol: