Turn Signal Problem HELP PLEASE

The BIKE: 1998 KTM 620 R/XC Dual Sport

The PROBLEM: No right side turn signal. Relay buzzes when I switch it on to turn right.

What I KNOW for sure: The left side blinks perfectly well. I tested the right side blinkers by temporarily wiring them to the left side switch and the blink fine.

I also bought and tried a new relay and it does the same buzzing noise when I switch the switch to turn right. $80.00 dollars?

Using a multimeter and checking the relay plug I get between 3 and 6 volts fluctuating as the left side blinks. When I test the right side wires it it shows very little voltage something like .15volts and the relay just buzzes.

Anyone familiar with KTM turn signal systems? Any advice would be great! Thanks

Check out www.sicassracing.com/ they carry a solid state relay for led and incandesant turn signals for $23. They are a KTM site.

Thanks for the reply but I have already changed the relay and the new relay does the same thing the old one did, it buzzes when switched to the right and blinks correctly when switched to the left. I think the problem is somewhere else in the system. Hoping someone not electrically challenged like me will maybe have seen this problem before and will be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks

Did you check all the connections. Pull the bulbs and make sure they have good contact and nothing is oxcidizing, dielectric grease is your friend.

I triple checked everything and everything is good in those areas. I still appreciate the advice. Thanks. I think the problem is deeper.

Buzzing sounds like a short after the ticker. Not open circuit (bad connections).

Remove all bulbs on the bad side (including indicator) and use ohm meter between high and low line. It should be open circuit. Test the good side just to make sure test is valid.

If it is shorted just start unpluging connections to isolate sections of shorted wire.