Sign in to follow this  

2003 kx125 - fork compression clickers

Hey fellas! Back on the green side too! (Call me s switch hitter!) Have a question.....the manual is saying the compression clickers are on the bottom of the fork for the 2003? Is this true or typo?? Any help would be great!

That's so strange they would do that.

Sounds like you might be thinking of twin cartridge forks. On those KX forks the base valve is at the bottom.

Is the 03 the only year they switched this around...it feels so unatural to adjust the compression click let's on the bottom of the forks!

Haven't had a kawi 2 stoke since about 04...after that was modern day mxer's. I blead green for almost 9 years :lol: Now I have a 12 250sx AND an 03 kx125 for my practice bike! Now I have to just wait till next spring before I can throw a leg over it!

Well good for you I hope the 125 works out for you, should be a fun ride. The older Kawasaki's have the comp on the bottom of the fork and the rebound on the top. The shock is normal and has the comp on top and the rebound on the bottom.

Ed

If you look real close to the rubber plugs protecting the comp clicker, they say "Compression" on them.

Good luck with the 125...jealous.

The 12' 250SX is awesome...I have her tucked away ready for next year racing. That's why I bought the 125. Save the hours on the SX and still put in laps when I can over the winter. Hopefully hone in some skills while I am at it...practicing on a 125 should really help improve corner speed. God know's I can use help in the department at times...

Thanks Jeekinz! I will have to look at that when I get home...