Sign in to follow this  

Who ported your cylinder? and how do you like the results?

i did, its what i do for a living here in Phoenix, really woke up my 04, more power everywhere and much lower EGT's which ended up resolving my detonation issues before i ported it. i usually charge my local customers about 400 for porting a two stroke cylinder+head mod.

i did, its what i do for a living here in Phoenix, really woke up my 04, more power everywhere and much lower EGT's which ended up resolving my detonation issues before i ported it. i usually charge my local customers about 400 for porting a two stroke cylinder+head mod.

thats a bit to high in price for me, but thanks. just curious, whats EGT's? and how do you hear the pre-ignition detonation on these rm,250's ? thanks

Edited by bigdaddykane93

you might want to check out Eric Gorr at forward motion i think it looks like he'll do it for $225 or so. mine was done when my 265 was put in and i love it.

you might want to check out Eric Gorr at forward motion i think it looks like he'll do it for $225 or so. mine was done when my 265 was put in and i love it.

what year model bike do you have? do you run 93 pump gas? and did you get more mid or top end or any over rev? just curious, whats your gearing? thanks much

what year model bike do you have? do you run 93 pump gas? and did you get more mid or top end or any over rev? just curious, whats your gearing? thanks much

05 RM250 (265 now)

Ported for more power all over.

It is set up for pump gas but I run a 50/50 mix of 93 ethanol free pump and 110 leaded race fuel 32:1 premix.

I run stock gearing which is 13/49 I think (can't remember for sure right now)

EGT=exhaust gas temperature. that price usually includes a top end build so if i were to just get a cylinder itd be less. id only ask that you send some pieces of solder that you took squish measurement with so i could mill the head to spec(or raise compression if you decide)