Sign in to follow this  

im new pls help me

hi im new to this forum and i need your help i have a kx 250f 05 and i just trew a timming chain .....easy fixed ..however since it happened my intake/inlet vvalves are staying open i took head off had a look then pushed em back in they seemed to go back fine by hand with a bit of finger force put bbike together kicked it over by hand 1st kick had comp then continued to have no comp pulled head off again had a look same deal......visably the valves dont look bent to me but they arent retracting enough to seat there doesnt look to be anything obstructing them from closing one of the lifters was a bit tricky /tight to get out but did end up gettiing out without that much hassel..........what would cause my new(and expensive)intake valves no to close and how can i fix..........pleeeease help.also how do i add attachments on this site i have pics.cheers

Check and see if your valves are still straight. You can do this with a dial indicator, you just put the valves into two V blocks and rotate the valve. Check the value you get against what your manual says.

If they don´t retract in to the seat by themselves, they are bent and should be replaced.

To be on the safe side, the valve guides should also be replaced, as well as the seats cut. But you might get away with just valves. Show it to an engine builder and he will tell you what to replace.