Sign in to follow this  

2010 YZ 250F question

trying to access my spark plug- but there's no room in there to get to it. do i have to take the fuel tank off in order to access it? If yes, is that an easy thing to do? - i assume not with multiple connection points, shrouds, etc. seems high maintenance just to check a plug but maybe that's the way it is.....

Have you looked in your manual??? But yes, you will have to take off your tank. You'll probably have to take the seat, shrouds, and tank off to get to the plug. It's not difficult, simply a few bolts.

i bought my bike new and came with the wrench. its not a hard job. i think its only six bolts or something, tops

Is the '10 different than the '06 - '09?
do you mean the tool or how to change it? i think the tool would be the same but not sure. i would imagine its different to access as the frame and tank etc are all different

Is the '10 different than the '06 - '09?
do you mean the tool or how to change it? i think the tool would be the same but not sure. i would imagine its different to access as the frame and tank etc are all different

but same procedure

hey so i was out riding at the clark county indoor track on friday, when i came back to my truck after my first practice and put my bike in neutral after about 2-3 seconds i noticed the engine had a very definate rattle to it so i pulled the clutch in and the rattle disappeared.

i havent rode the bike for about a month and never noticed or took the time to notice if it did it before. the bike is a 2010(i bought it new) and it has 70 hours on it. I have always kept up on the maintenance(i grenaded my kx250f because of maintenance). So does this rattle mean its time for a new clutch? it works fine maybe a little stiffer now but still works.