2005 rm250 went fron ripping to no compression

Well I opened it up. Looks to me like the rings detonated and destroyed the piston and the cylinder. the Piston looks super old. The guy I bought it from said he just put it in a month before I bought it. I already had a CP piston kit on the way, ordered it last week just to be safe. only put about 6 hours on the bike. What is the best option for the cylinder, replate, resleeve, oem? Im going to swap in a new hot rods crankset too, and bearings. the up shifting was pretty vague, is this a suzuki trait or is something else worn? anything else you can think of while Im in there.

i'm no expert but it looks like either your jetting is off or you are not running high enough octane gas. you will want to fix that or your new piston will do the same thing. piston looks like it got crazy hot.

just my uneducated opinion.

Your dead on. The underside of the piston is burned too. The prior owner had super lean jetting at sea level. 45 pj, needle on the second clip, 165 main. it was my first ride after changing the jetting. 48pj, 170 main, needle on the 3rd clip. the current temperature are 30-60 degrees. The bike was running awsome, Maybee still goes alittle flat on top. The crank feels good, side to side play but no up and down. Should I change it while the bike is down or just check it the next piston change? I dont know what happed to the rest of the piston peices. Is there a way to flush the bottom end with out taking it apart? How hard is it to take apart? and special tools.

yep looks like it melted down. Id replate (I recommend us chrome) and put a new piston kit in and like said before, send the piston in when you send the cylinder in to get replated. Also id find out why it blew before throwing it back together, it would suck to have to do it all over again. I've usually just washed the bottom ends out with mixed gas but diesel sounds like a good idea. But really, the best way to get all the stuff out is to split the cases.

yep looks like it melted down. Id replate (I recommend us chrome) and put a new piston kit in and like said before, send the piston in when you send the cylinder in to get replated. Also id find out why it blew before throwing it back together, it would suck to have to do it all over again. I've usually just washed the bottom ends out with mixed gas but diesel sounds like a good idea. But really, the best way to get all the stuff out is to split the cases.

i send mine to US chrome to ive have great luck with them sent 3 bikes cylinders to them so far and on my 96 kx 250 i went thru three topends and the cylinder walls didnt move getting ready to do 2nd top end on the RM since they replated it

I sent the cylinder and head off to millenium tech in WI. Should be there monday. they said it takes them about a week once they get it. It takes a week to ship it each way, ground. Man three weeks is a long time to go without a bike to ride.

Time to grease your chassis and suspension then.?