Sign in to follow this  

2012 time...

Finished up the paperwork and it sits in the garage now. On "sale" because of a "scratch" on the pipe... (which if you ask me, you can't see without a magnifying glass)

< $8k OTD :lol:

And the red #1 is gone, it's some promotional BS about Villapoto or something

IMAG0340.jpg

Edited by T-Dub512

congrats nice bike price is outrageous but normal.. I swear i got a '07 kx450f for $5,900.00 otd brand new back in '07. How are these bikes now worth $2,500 more just a few years down the road, in a supposedly "down" economy.

Congrats T-Dub... You will love it, I am loving mine..

You want outrageous Pricing come to Australia.. $11995 rrp out the door...:lol:

Congrats T-Dub... You will love it, I am loving mine..

You want outrageous Pricing come to Australia.. $11995 rrp out the door...:lol:

Comparable pricing in BC Canada-12-13k otd.

I'll be keeping my '08 for a while. lol

Congrats on the new bike though. Must be exciting.

congrats nice bike price is outrageous but normal.. I swear i got a '07 kx450f for $5,900.00 otd brand new back in '07. How are these bikes now worth $2,500 more just a few years down the road, in a supposedly "down" economy.

But what was the biggest feature about it 2007? How much R&D do you think Kawi spent on a fuel injected motor that can be tuned by changing a plug? Or this supposed launch control? All things that require an initial cost.... Unfortunately the economy and inflation have an effect on prices, but so does performance.

I'm happy to finally get a NEW bike, not someones used bike. Especially with a new racing season just a few weeks away! Winter series' start here in TX soon and I'm looking forward to lining up on the gate with a green fender too. Only raced Yamahas and a KTM before.

The Dealer Explained It To Me When I Bought My Bike A Few Weeks Ago. Its Due To The Inflation Of Our Economy. We Have To Convert The $ To The Value Of The Yen When We Buy From Japan. Our Dollar Has Lost Value And The Yen Hasnt Therefore Making Us Have To Pay More For The Same Product.

Thats What I Was Told.

Goodluck With the New Bike! I Just Got A New Leftover 2011 Kx450. My First Kawi.

The Dealer Explained It To Me When I Bought My Bike A Few Weeks Ago. Its Due To The Inflation Of Our Economy. We Have To Convert The $ To The Value Of The Yen When We Buy From Japan. Our Dollar Has Lost Value And The Yen Hasnt Therefore Making Us Have To Pay More For The Same Product.

Thats What I Was Told.

Goodluck With the New Bike! I Just Got A New Leftover 2011 Kx450. My First Kawi.

What did your 2011 cost you OTD in CA I am about to do the same thing since its almost $2000 less than a 2012

What did your 2011 cost you OTD in CA I am about to do the same thing since its almost $2000 less than a 2012

$6147 Before Taxes. I Also Bought The 2 Yr Warranty For It.

Thats What I Was Told.

This makes sense.. I havent tracked the value of the Yen vs. the U.S. Dollar, but this is the most reasonable explanation yet.

Im not satisfied with "how much R+D went in to fuel injection" they have had fuel injection for 4 years now.. the '07 was the 2nd year of this entire bike. How much R+D goes into launching an entirely new platform??

This makes sense.. I havent tracked the value of the Yen vs. the U.S. Dollar, but this is the most reasonable explanation yet.

Im not satisfied with "how much R+D went in to fuel injection" they have had fuel injection for 4 years now.. the '07 was the 2nd year of this entire bike. How much R+D goes into launching an entirely new platform??

Then just keep wondering why 07s are $2500 less MSRP than a '12?

I don't know what to tell you broski? :lol:

Holy cow I just looked it up.. In march of 2007 (when i bought my bike) it was 120 Yen to 1 U.S. Dollar. Now its only 78 Yen to 1 U.S. Dollar.

USD has lost value, there is also a lot less bikes being brought to North America. Almost all powersport companies had massive overstock issues (07-~09) so leftovers were cheeeeeap. Factories were kickin in big dollars to move inventory.

Most R+D has been done on superbikes, they are just bringing the tech over to off-road, which takes effort. EFI, dual injectors, traction control, etc. Batteryless EFI has been on snowmobiles since the mid 90's as well.

If the economy picks up, could see 25% decrease in price....maybe?

$6147 Before Taxes. I Also Bought The 2 Yr Warranty For It.

Thats a good price especially in CA. How much was the 2 Yr warranty and what does it actually cover. You in So cal or Nor Cal

Thats a good price especially in CA. How much was the 2 Yr warranty and what does it actually cover. You in So cal or Nor Cal

Im In So Cal. Warranty Covers Anything That Goes Wrong With The Bike Or Breaks Besides Things That Just Wear Out Like Tires/Brake Pads/Etc. If I Blow The Motor up Or Break Anyting Else Its Covered. Just Have To Bring It To Any Kawasaki Dealer To be Repaired.

I would blame Bernanke for this.

Quantitative Easing

Having a little fun last night... The ONE TIME a year the weather gets shitty in Texas always seems to be when I get a new bike.

So while it's still showroom fresh, we wheeled it into the house for some Xmas pics. *and Rocky my 2yr Doberman wanted in on the picture fun.

IMAG1492.jpg

Having a little fun last night... The ONE TIME a year the weather gets shitty in Texas always seems to be when I get a new bike.

So while it's still showroom fresh, we wheeled it into the house for some Xmas pics. *and Rocky my 2yr Doberman wanted in on the picture fun.

IMAG1492.jpg

Awesome! I Keep My Bike In The House During The Off Season.