Sign in to follow this  

Pic and info on new 07 250x

Today was the 1st day I got to really ride the bike. I detailed it and cleaned up a bunch of the wires, did the air box mod, (couldn't find the pink wire) changed the oil, oil filter, put a new air filter in it (twin air), new plug(NGK Iridium), radiator fluid (engine ice), new Pro Taper grips, MSR and Cyra barker busters, Renthal Pad, and fuel line filter. I ordered a Rekluse Z-start, 18" 404 rear tire, PIAA headlight bulb, Motion Pro fork bleeders, Moose skid plate, and plastic set. I traded my modded 07 kxf250 for this bike because it was bone stock and hardly ridden. There's hardly any wear on the ignition and none on the clutch cover. So I think it was totally worth it! Love how this thing rides and handles, but I did feel the infamous bog... Whats the quickest way to get rid of that, jet kit?! Going to Highland Park tommrow to ride w/ the squad, so that will be the real test with the new bike!!

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=97496

With the box opened up at least get a bigger main jet in it and tune the fuel screw (you'll want to replace it with an extended one so you can tune it running. There should be no bog once it's warmed up, and while riding it. twisting the throttle cold in neutral doesn't count.

turn it counter clockwise will make it richer and that is what you need. Also on the main jet go richer most people use 145 to 155 main, try 150 first. if you still have a bog after warming it up try to lower the clip on the needle (raise the needle) or even a bigger main. I have all R parts on mine and had to go richer that what most people recomended.

#45 pilot too. don't go to the trouble of opening the carb and not change it. I like the Flex jet for fuel screw. You can adjust on the fly.

Does all these sizes that everyone throws out gonna work for my bike, weather, elevation, humidity, temp, etc.. Just making sure. I thought alot of that had to do with the jetting, and it can be sensitive to it..

Does all these sizes that everyone throws out gonna work for my bike, weather, elevation, humidity, temp, etc.. Just making sure. I thought alot of that had to do with the jetting, and it can be sensitive to it..

It does make a difference. Generally you can move up one size on the pilot and be good. I like to go 2 with other mods. Check to see what stock is on your bike. Pilot covers idle to quarter throttle. This will help eliminate the bog.

The pilot and main can be changed through the bottom you dont have to take the carb of.

The pilot and main can be changed through the bottom you dont have to take the carb of.

Great thanks. What about when I do the AP mod, can I just do that from the bottom as well?? Is it hard to do?!:lol:

I did the the JD jet kit, merge racing AP spring, and merge racing SS allen head float bowl screws. You do have to remove the carb, but the plus side is that with the great instructions with the JD kit, you only have to do it once. My jetting was spot on just with the JD specs, and the merge AP spring fixes the bog without jacking around with o-ring mods. Plus of the allen head bowl screws is that you can remove the bowl without stripping out the soft phillips screws that are stock.

Just pull the carb out fella.Really aint that hard,then you can give it a good clean aswell:ride:If you not 100% on what ur doing then dont make it even harder and struggle with it in the bike.Also use welding wire instead of a crapy o ring that will stretch and break over time on the ap mod:bonk:

lee

OK cool, thanks fellaz. So no ones sure if the 07 needs the AP Mod? I've heard yes and no by equal numbers of people. I already have safety wire, so I'll use that since I don't have my JD kit in yet...

Can't help you there. 08-09 don't need it. Did you order the 2r tip ?

I didn't order my tip yet, but I will this weekend after some customers pay up. I'm ordering a whole lot of stuff then and picking up my Rekluse and rear tire and paying for them. Their already ordered, just not paid for:bonk:

I did the the JD jet kit, merge racing AP spring, and merge racing SS allen head float bowl screws. You do have to remove the carb, but the plus side is that with the great instructions with the JD kit, you only have to do it once. My jetting was spot on just with the JD specs, and the merge AP spring fixes the bog without jacking around with o-ring mods. Plus of the allen head bowl screws is that you can remove the bowl without stripping out the soft phillips screws that are stock.

So that spring is a good thing to get? I posted a thread about it already if anybody has gotten one and what they think of it.

Sooo, you think thats a good buy instead of orings and safety wire? Seems better quality then a wire rig:ride:

How much was it? If its cheap, hell why not, and I can order the bolts along with it!

The reason they use a spring to link the throttle and ap pump arms together is they move different degrees of travel. If you wire them tight one or the other has its travel limited. Wire has been used, but that is why orings or stiffer spring are used. Both the x and r can benefit, but the x more because its smaller leak jet size puts more pressure on the spring when the ap squirts.