Sign in to follow this  

I hate to admit this...

but I looped my DR over backwards today while messing around and riding wheelies. I felt like I was required to post this because nobody saw me do it and the honor code clearly states that we must own up to our boneheadedness.

Aside from this squid move, the ride today was pretty damn nice. Temps were cool but not cold and the sun was out the entire time. I also found a new 4 mile section of fireroad that I had never ridden before!

but I looped my DR over backwards today while messing around and riding wheelies. I felt like I was required to post this because nobody saw me do it and the honor code clearly states that we must own up to our boneheadedness.

Aside from this squid move, the ride today was pretty damn nice. Temps were cool but not cold and the sun was out the entire time. I also found a new 4 mile section of fireroad that I had never ridden before!

Enough about the honest abe stuff... how'd you fair in the dastardly deed? Does the DR now sport proof? :lol:

Rob, my DR is a war machine. It has plenty of "scars". It's no showroom queen. I bent the bars a little but nothing too serious. I was searching the web during lunch yesterday and scored a new to me set of stock bars for $25. If I can keep finding parts that cheap, I'm going to worry even less about crashing :lol:

No injuries to me. It was a pretty slow speed mishap. I did get a dead leg out of it and I can still feel it today. I'm a runner in my "other life" and today is my long run day (gearing up for 2 marathons this winter). I'm not looking forward to running with a dead leg but hopefully the run will help loosen it up.

Awesome mod!!!! Rear fender/passenger backrest.:lol:

Flea

Brought back my friends cr500 and told him I added a sissy bar, he didn't look to stoked about the free mod but I told him he was welcome none the less:smirk:...

A friend destroyed his KTM 625 SC Supermoto on such an occasion: Riding along on a major road in Vienna, passing the cars of a Turkish wedding. All windows went down and people were screaming "wheely, wheely!", so he did the first and wasn´t content with it. Did the second, still not good and the Turks still claimed a better one. So he ripped up the front wheel for a 3rd, not guessing that the road (even before) had begun to rise a bit. The bike tumbled over, throwing sparks sliding on the tarmac and setting itself on fire; all that was left when the fire brigade had finished their job was a rusty frame with forks and engine bearing some melted plastic here and there ...

You´re definitely better off than him.

LOL I went back and reexamined my DR and realized I broke the part of the rear plastic that extends from the fender and holds the license plate on. Thankfully the license plate is still there. I think I'm just going to leave the broken part in place. If you have seen the Paul Newman movie Slapshot... "I'm making it look mean".

Hell, I'm impressed you could get the front wheel in the air!

i'd be very disappointed if you couldn't!

i've done the same thing and flipped it, not hard to do when ur 'testing the grip' of your new offroad tyre. 1st gear clutch dump no problem, 2nd gear clutch dump errr hmmm woopsies

i nearly did it i just started to take off then popped it up and the bike went straight back just jumped off in time to run with it and push it down lol also i can only pop it up in first any tips?

My tip would be, don't flip it over backwards. Aside from that, just keep working at it and find your balance point. You may want to convert to a pumper style carb to get better throttle control and better power delivery too.