Sign in to follow this  

Indianapolis supercross 2012

hey guys, in march ill be attending my first supercross race ever! I had a few questions, do they do autograph signings at some point during the event? before or after? I hear indy has closed pits. I want an autograph from JS7 himself :lol: and also, what is the best time to get there typically? to avoid traffic jams etc. thanks guys!:)

indy here i come :cheers: (in 4 months) :banghead:

Ive only gone to vegas and if you want an autograph from js7 prepare to wait in line for a very long time. Also the pits are open in the open

I went last year and saw no autograph session. I think I heard of unofficial signings. I did get there about noon and watch hours of practice and quilifying with almost no time without any riding. If you cannot get enough of motorcross get there at noon and yu will seealot of riding. Just keep in mind that is about 10-11 hours of sitting. I didn't mind.:lol::)

Park anywhere but the parking garage and you will get back on the road in a timely fashion. to get on ground level parking spot you will prolly have to get there in the early am. They had closed pits last year you did not get to be up close to any of the riders. If you want something autographed start looking on ebay for it. You wont get it at indy.

You're picking a awesome venue to go to. Lucas oil is much better than the RCA Dome. I didn't get there last year til about 6 pm so can't tell ya anything on the autograph sessions . A few years back I went to Indy on a Friday afternoon and spent the whole weekend and was able to hit a few of the local dealers where the riders where doing autographs sessions and got my jeresy signed by several riders . We had seats in the 4th level last year ( kinda hard to get lower level seats with 12 people going together and 2 months before the event) but they turned out to be really good seats with the way the new stadium is laid out . Level 3 or 2 (terrace level) would be perfect but they sell quick and are pretty pricey . Practice is usually fun to watch too.. Get to see people trying new lines and still learning the track . It makes for a long day there but it's fun in my opinion . U can always go to the budlight fan zone to pass time too .

not what i wanted to hear about autographs :lol:

ill be staying over night in a hotel around the indy area, so maybe ill hear something

I live in Indy and have been to the Indianapolis SX numerous times. While there are no open pits, several local dealers have Supercross parties the night before. Dreyer Motorsports and Dreyer Honda right next door brings in all the big name riders. They're located on West Washington Street. It lasts from like 5-8pm and gets really busy, so come early if you want an autograph from JS7. Here are some pics from last year...

868797e7.jpg

0d60e189.jpg

05b12194.jpg

4b1baa54.jpg

0109fdd1.jpg

ffa46641.jpg

1d2dc89b.jpg

I live in Indy and have been to the Indianapolis SX numerous times. While there are no open pits, several local dealers have Supercross parties the night before. Dreyer Motorsports and Dreyer Honda right next door brings in all the big name riders. They're located on West Washington Street. It lasts from like 5-8pm and gets really busy, so come early if you want an autograph from JS7. Here are some pics from last year...

do you know if they have these sessions after the race?

I don't believe so as it is normally almost midnight when it ends and I imagine most riders head back to their motor homes or hotels...

I remember going to my first supercross back in 78 or 79 in San Diego. Hannah, Bell, Barnett, etc. I was 9 yo. What a blast. I've been hooked ever since. You are going to have a great time. Soak it in!:lol:

The Indy pits are in a small room (by SX pit standards) with no room for the transporters/displays.....thats why they are parked out back of the stadium. Trust me.....its a pain for us to bring only what is needed inside.

Dealer involvement was the best option.

photo3sx.jpg