Sign in to follow this  

Michigan ice riding

Where you guys riding this winter. I am looking for tt tracks. I hear they are plowing one up on sandlake by tawas. Any other options?

As one can see, not much intrest. I posted a feeler over at ADV and got the same response. ZZZZZ. Too bad. I love ice riding. I Hear there is a group meeting on the north shore of lake St.Clair. weekends at the public boat launch. Other than that it seems to be just small pockets of locals riding their local lakes. If too many people show up having a good time the neighbors wanna bitch about it.

There are generally two TT tracks on the lake I live on. No snow right to plow a proper track just now though. And the fact that I'm 25 miles east of Minneapolis.

Good luck!

There is plenty of interest. Just that the boys that do it don't hang out on message boards. They are kinda purists and stay in there own tight nit group. Ya just gotta get out there and try to mingle your way in. Call mike at mikes cycle off alpine in gr. He can help put you on the path. But you best have front and rear safety fenders on your bike as most wont ride with you if you dont

Meanwhile i did find out they are plowing a tt on sand lake up by tawas, oval on the pond by byer roofing in saginaw, and a oval on sanford lake in sanford. But at the rate we are going i dont think we are ever going to get ice.

Hoping to get 4 riding weekends in this year now. Usually we are on the low side of 4-5" of ice by now, and all I see is open water everywhere I go. Good for my boat, bad for my ice tires.

And yzman is correct, it has taken me 3 years to get invited to the local plowed tracks. Just have to get out there, show them you can hold a line and have all the proper safety equipment.

I have already go the invite at a few places that are going to be plowed down by flint, but i am not seeing that likely for them to get ice.