Sign in to follow this  

FMF Powercore noise vs mrd/ssw

Alright quick questions, I have an fmf powercore slip on currently and am going to buy a mrd/ssw pip and have read all of the reviews about the great performance for the mrd, but also about how loud the pipe is.

My fmf pipe seems pretty loud, how will the mrd compare? I am going to get the mrd regardless I would just like to know what to expect and I dont plan on using the q insert

UH OH, mixed reviews now.. who is lying : )

I guess it very subjective. I find the MRD annoyingly loud... But it's the best! I'm running the insert and arrester and it's bearable.

I guess it very subjective. I find the MRD annoyingly loud... But it's the best! I'm running the insert and arrester and it's bearable.

does the insert affect performance at all?

Of course! But it's still better than the others with my mods (see sig).

Yes ..corking any pipe will make a difference......The higher the performance of your engine ,the more noticeable...

The point here is ...why buy a race pipe and then plug it up?....The standard MRD is recommended for stock engines...

The point here is ...why buy a race pipe and then plug it up?

Because with my mods it's still way better than the other exhausts I've tried. Without the plug I get tired of hearing it on long rides... Starts to really annoy me.

My buddy and I have put in the miles together, he has MRD I have FMF... I'm not the biggest fan of the muffler of the MRD (looks wise) but dang... I get a bit jealous of the sound! Not much louder but has great tone.

Because with my mods it's still way better than the other exhausts I've tried. Without the plug I get tired of hearing it on long rides... Starts to really annoy me.

Sure it will run ok..but you are sacrificing some hp by making it quieter...