Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Question

I am going to get a Fmf Q4 pipe and want to know if I have to jet the bike. My bike is a crf230f and I am in ny. My bike is stock now. Thanks

it'll be ok stock if you don't open up the airbox, you should look into the honda "power up" jetting and uncork the airbox too.

Get your exhaust, get a uni air filter, remove the air box snorkel, and put in a bigger main and pilot jet, will start much faster and run better/faster too

i had a 42 pilot ( i think) and a 132 main in mine, ran great.

So if I keep the stock air filter, remove the snorkel, put a fmf q4 exhaust on what jets should I use. I am in long island, ny, but will ride upstate ny and pa. Don't know the exact altitude. Temps are from 30F to 95F. My bike is an 03 and bros is a 09.

Are these jets right...

For 2003 Crf230f

main jet: 132

pilot: 45

stock needle: in 4th position

For 2009

main jet 132

pilot 45

power needle: position ?

So if I keep the stock air filter, remove the snorkel, put a fmf q4 exhaust on what jets should I use. I am in long island, ny, but will ride upstate ny and pa. Don't know the exact altitude. Temps are from 30F to 95F. My bike is an 03 and bros is a 09.

Are these jets right...

For 2003 Crf230f

main jet: 132

pilot: 45

stock needle: in 4th position

For 2009

main jet 132

pilot 45

power needle: position ?

try a 125 main or so in the winter and put the clip on the needle in the same spot.

I do not want to switch the jets for different weather. I ride mostly in warm, only a little in the cold. If I do not get the peak performance in the cold it is ok. As long as the engine will not be damaged. I think I am going to go with the 132 main jet and 45 pilot with the power up needle.

A 120 or 122 main 45 pilot raise the needle if you can.

132 is too fat. It'll run OK but the 120 will give you better response from mid up.