Sign in to follow this  

Washington Wet Day at Tahuya!

Heyyyy/.... we saw you two guys out there. we all stopped briefly at the devil monkeys sign. you two were on 2 stroke yz's and we were 2 ktms and 1 yz. anyone know what the deal is with that sign? never saw it before today.

Joe

Looks like a fun day! Just a small suggestion though. Tilt the camera up a bit.. Your viewers wont feel like they're staring at their front wheel the whole time. :lol:

Ya I was the other one 125 thanks to whoever gave us the tow rope my bike suddenly lost all compression.

Ya I was the other one 125 thanks to whoever gave us the tow rope my bike suddenly lost all compression.

Bummer, looked like a good day up til then. Unfortunately sounds like topend time:banghead:

went to you-tube to watch whole video...looked like a lot of fun. experiment with different mounting locations, that will give totally different perspectives for viewers. I own 2 GoPros. when I took up dirt bikes, after nearly 20 yrs, a rear-facing camera allowed me observation of my crappy handling skills. that really helped me improve quicker, not to mention the funny crashes. keep the videos coming!

Watched the whole things. Few questions:

1.) At any point did you just look down at your soaking feet, say "Ah, screw it," and just start plowing through the puddles?

2.) How did you manage to sneak that one past YouTube's song filter!?

And to Bowhunter:

How do you go about mounting a camera anywhere but the helmet that doesn't result in footage that looks like it came from the inside of a paint shaker? I tried mounting a ContourHD to my handlebar with a RAM mount once in order to get a lower, faster perspective, and it recorded about five minutes of epilepsy-inducing jello before shaking itself to pieces and going TU for good. Any ideas?

Anyway, cool vid. Although pointed down, you managed to record some pretty smooth video compared to anything I was ever able to get.

the majority of my GoPro experience is down-hilling mountain bikes. on the DH bike I mount camera low in the main triangle, under the seat. This points the camera straight out filming the run as well as letting viewers see the full range of motion of the suspension, when the bike is soaking up the hits. I have found mounting the cameras solidly to my KTM doesn't work very well. Get creative... I have several different mounting positions on my helmets. I almost never mount on top of my helmet. I also use a chest harness. just remember, aim the camera according YOUR typical body positioning when you are shooting video. I have been experimenting with a shock bushing for bar & frame mounts...getting closer, but not as good as I'd hoped. If or when I get it right I'll post my findings. Also, experiment with resolution settings...Does it have to be HD? Some of my best video was shot with my original GoPro (prior to HD).

the majority of my GoPro experience is down-hilling mountain bikes. on the DH bike I mount camera low in the main triangle, under the seat. This points the camera straight out filming the run as well as letting viewers see the full range of motion of the suspension, when the bike is soaking up the hits. I have found mounting the cameras solidly to my KTM doesn't work very well. Get creative... I have several different mounting positions on my helmets. I almost never mount on top of my helmet. I also use a chest harness. just remember, aim the camera according YOUR typical body positioning when you are shooting video. I have been experimenting with a shock bushing for bar & frame mounts...getting closer, but not as good as I'd hoped. If or when I get it right I'll post my findings. Also, experiment with resolution settings...Does it have to be HD? Some of my best video was shot with my original GoPro (prior to HD).

So you have any pics of your mounts? I have a GoPro, and the only useable footage I ever get is when it is mounted on top of my helmet.

Exactly how does one mount to the chest? My upper body protection is worn under my jersey, so mounting to that would only give a video of my shirt inside.

I was out there yesterday as well. Yes, plenty of water features but conditions were overall great. Hadn't been out in a few months so the ride conditioning not quite up to par!

Go Pro Chesty:

chesty_bigger.jpg

So you have any pics of your mounts? I have a GoPro, and the only useable footage I ever get is when it is mounted on top of my helmet.

Exactly how does one mount to the chest? My upper body protection is worn under my jersey, so mounting to that would only give a video of my shirt inside.

Watched the whole things. Few questions:

1.) At any point did you just look down at your soaking feet, say "Ah, screw it," and just start plowing through the puddles?

2.) How did you manage to sneak that one past YouTube's

1.) yea but whenever we did we got our air filters wet.

2.) I have no idea I think I just got lucky, on my other tahuya video I just clicked dispute copyright and it blocked the video in Germany but nowhere else :lol:

Ya i didnt really know what went on with the sign but oh ya i remember you guys! That trail that u guys left on... was that a good trail? We are tryin to find some good single track

You can buy a chest harness. I work 1 block from Cycle Gear in Tacoma. They stock GoPro accessaries. I have a bag full of different sticky mounts, and bunch of other stuff. My goal is to mount a camera to the bike, and one on me. Then, edit the two together for a cool video. My favorite mount location is the side of my helmet. I locate a sticky mount so the camera is seeing out where the trail is, but you can actually see my facial expressions change. It makes for an interesting point view. I love playing with the cameras. I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. I'll go through my files and find a video worth the effort to post(crash). I am willing to try goofy ideas for camera mounts. Most fail miserably. Chest mounts seem to work well. Check out GoPro's website for vids using their accessaries.

You can buy a chest harness. I work 1 block from Cycle Gear in Tacoma. They stock GoPro accessaries. I have a bag full of different sticky mounts, and bunch of other stuff. My goal is to mount a camera to the bike, and one on me. Then, edit the two together for a cool video. My favorite mount location is the side of my helmet. I locate a sticky mount so the camera is seeing out where the trail is, but you can actually see my facial expressions change. It makes for an interesting point view. I love playing with the cameras. I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. I'll go through my files and find a video worth the effort to post(crash). I am willing to try goofy ideas for camera mounts. Most fail miserably. Chest mounts seem to work well. Check out GoPro's website for vids using their accessaries.

Chest harness. Cycle Gear sells them here locally. I'll try out any goofy mounting ideas. Most are miserable failures. I'm still trying for a vibration-free mount for the bike. I'd like to run a camera on the bike and one on my helmet. Then edit the two together. I'll look for a vid to post, to show my typical camera use. I typically delete about 98% of my footage, cause it sucks. I just keep trying to get better. Hopefully this reply goes up. I tried to respond earlier(nothing posted).