Sign in to follow this  

3 bikes. Which one?

Okay. Here's a little background. I'm 6'3 240 lbs. I like trail/woods riding, and hillclimbing. A little track every once in a while. Been ridin for 10 years. My choices are:

1. 2005 yz250- $2000

Aftermarket:

FMF SST Pipe

FMF Powercore 2

Brabd new rear tire

Paddle tire included

IMG953077-1.jpg

2007 kx250- $2000

Aftermarket:

FMF Fatty Pipe

FM Turbinecore2

Desert Tank

Bark Busters

2007kx250.jpg

2004 kx250- $1800

Aftermarket

FMF Fatty Pipe

FMF Turbinecore2

Warp9 Wheels

New Tires

Carbon Fiber Frame Guards

Bark Busters

Skid Plate

Radiator Guards

Graphics Kit

Wiseco Piston

Aftermarket Triple Clamps

MSR Bars

The desert tank leaked so he took it off and the trials tire has been removed as well.

kx250again.jpg

:lol: Honest replies please! Thanks and happy riding! :)

id say the 07 kx250, the yz has a sst pipe and that just takes away all bottom end so for trails thats not what you want so immediately cross that out, then theres the 04 and 07 kx 250, they both have a good trail exhaust setup, the 07 has the desert tank and its alot newer, the 04 is older, doesnt have the tank anymore, but has some extra goodies. id deff go with the 07 because it will most likely run better and longer, and has the perfect trail setup already.

id say the 07 kx250, the yz has a sst pipe and that just takes away all bottom end so for trails thats not what you want so immediately cross that out, then theres the 04 and 07 kx 250, they both have a good trail exhaust setup, the 07 has the desert tank and its alot newer, the 04 is older, doesnt have the tank anymore, but has some extra goodies. id deff go with the 07 because it will most likely run better and longer, and has the perfect trail setup already.

I have been hearing that yz250s are far better than kx250s. Fact or myth?

The yz250 motor is excellent but the 05 forks are pretty harsh for trail riding. I could never get mine setup right and sold the bike for greener pastures. The 07 kx would be an excellent choice. The motor is not as broad as the yz but still pretty darn good. Unless the 04 is in excellent shape I would go with the 07

Well id say thats more of a personal reference, the yz and kx motors are defiantly the top 2 best 2 stroke motors out there though, the kx motor is very strong and reliable and the 07 bike is on of the newest models and that bike is already all set to go for trails, the yz, well like the guy up there said the forks are not very good for it and it has a racing exhaust set up, you would have to get all new exhaust and re do the carb just to be happy with the performance on the trials, your at about $400 before you even get riding

The kawis are the best bang for the buck, check both of them out and choose the one less ragged out.

Thats a myth started by yamerheads that see nothing but blue.... nothing wrong with a good KX.... One of our fastest pro riders is on a 07 KX 250.... again:worthy:

with the desert tank and everything on the 07 kx will it still be decent on the track?

And nobody says to jump on the 04? It looks better :lol: And it looks like it has an 18" rear wheel. But keep your opinions goin!

i kinda thought it was the same guy :lol:

and as i, and everybody stated the 07

cant make that much clearer.

I understand that. All i asked was if the 07 would still be good for a little bit of track as well.

I understand that. All i asked was if the 07 would still be good for a little bit of track as well.

Its a MX bike, dur da dur