Sign in to follow this  

08 TE300kit Throttle Stuck..... Got Theories?

Have a 2008 TE250 with the Uptite full workup. 300 Kit etc....

Ok. Took bike out of garage today and the throttle was stuck. I wiggled and giggles but it was just stuck. Not open, close. Had not dropped the bike or smacked it agianst anything. Last ride was ok. But I let it sit and then tapped it with a screw driver handle and that did not seen to work...

Got distracted for an hour, came back. Figured I'd try to start it. But not sure if it was stuck open or closed- I was ready to turn the key off, just in case it rev'd like mad... And it unstuck. It's fine now... I guess...

Theories?

Any maintainance ideas to this doesnt happen on the trail?

:lol:

Thanks

So this is a 08TE250 with a bb kit...

If so- I'd take the cover off the Throttle body on the right side of the bike that covers the throttle wheel.

Disconect the throttle cables-

Turn the Throttle wheel on the Throttle body to inspect it is turning smooth- if it catches a little when closed- your butterfly might be bottoming out on the throttle body bore or the bore has dirt/gunk. If its bottoming in the bore rather than the throttle stop- you should have this adjusted by someone knowledgeable with Ibeat.

Then I'd inspect the cables/ throttle itself for binding / stickines/ wear.

Clean and lube as you go.

How cold is it where you are? Frozen water in there?

Thanks.. Cleaning and lubing. I did not see anything obvious, but it is smooth now so... the ole "if it aint broke...."

:bonk:

Thanksa\