Jumping a crf 150

BBR springs are easy, just unscrew the handle bars and slide um back a little, then unscrew the big bolts at the top of the forks and take the old ones out and slide the new ones in. At first they seem like they dont move when you ride but after a while they are perfect. As for the rear shock havent put that on yet. The CR80 suspension you just need to get the hole front end off a CR80 and mount it straight on the CRF150.

• 2 weeks later...

I race and jump a crf 150 i have a crf 450 and a yzf250 and both are tricked out but my crf 150 is the best of the bunch. It's not stock by any means i know you will not beleive me but it will give the 250f a run for the money.

It runs so fast that only a very long steep hill slows me down.Even the 450's have a hard time passing me up.I weigh 220 and 45 years old.My big bikes now are there for my friends to ride now. The crf is my main ride. if you know anybody that rides carlsbad raceway pratices, ask them about the Mad Racing crf150RF.They mite admit they got passed by the crf150RF. the RF stands for real fun.

sure these things can be raced and jumped but be prepared to fork over some dough to keep the bike running. depending on your size and riding skill this bike can take some punishment.... providing you time everything correctly. i run mine stock (except bars), i'm about 150lbs and 5'8. i've said this a million times... the wheels are complete cheese. i'm on my 3rd rear and just mounted my second front wheel last week. if you're gonna race these make sure you pay attention to that. won't do you much good to spend all that money on suspension if you can't keep wheels under it. i'm currently looking for a cr80 frontend for mine. still undecided on the rear but most likely will run the BBR shock. i do agree with Ttrpro1.. out of all my bikes i have the most fun on this one.

mini_th.jpg

-Aaron

www.11000rpm.com

HEY AARON WENT AND CHECKED OUT YOUR WEB SIT FIRST CLASS.

MY CRF 150 HAS 03 CR85 REAR SHOCK AND FORKS AND IT IS A BOLT ON JOB BUT YOU WILL NEED ABOUT A 9.5 REAR SPRING MAYBE EVEN STIFFER AND GET THE STIFFIST FORK SPRING YOU CAN GET. FRONT WHEEL IS A TALON SET UP AND HAVE NOT REPLACED ANY RIMS AS OF YET AS YOU KNOW JUST KEEP THE SPOKES TIGHT AND LAND RIGHT AND YOU WILL BE ALLRIGHT. LIGHTEN THE FLY WHEEL AND YOU WILL GET BETTER THROTTLE RESPONDS THE BBR PISTON & CAM AND REV BOX WORKS GREAT AS WELL.PIPE WITH DIFFERANT END CAPS IS A WINNER TOO.I AM PUTTING A REAR DISC SETUP ON THIS WEEK IF I CAN GET TIME. THAT WILL DROP SOME WEIGHT OFF THE REAR WHEEL AS YOU KNOW THE REAR WHEEL IS PRETTY HEAVY. I ALSO MADE A TALL SEAT FOAM THAT ALONE IS AS GOOD AS ANY PREFORMACE MOD YOU CAN DO IF YOU ARE TALLER THAN 5'4". WELL GOT TO GET BACK TO WORK. ? <font color="yellow">

TTRPRO1- thanks for the response man. glad you liked the site. i'm still working on it so it'll come around!

a couple of questions for you if you don't mind:

1. did the cr80 frontend bolt right up? i'm assuming you have the triples, forks, barmounts, bearing, races, etc.. from the 80? or was it just forks/triples?

2. where are you getting the disc assembly for the rear. OMG you're so right about the rearwheel. It weighs a ton!

3. did you purchase a lighter flywheel or do the shaving yourself?

i haven't done alot of research on modifying this bike, obviously. however i'm considering making it a part-time racebike. i actually raced it yesterday in an enduro for the first time. i dislocated my shoulder last week and riding the 450 in that would have been a problem. i don't enjoy woods riding much anyway.. but i had a good time on the 150.... just kinda tooled around. anyway the track is where i want to make this thing fly. sounds like you've got it dialed in. ?

• 1 year later...