Sign in to follow this  

New Kx Owner

Hello All Just Wanted To Introduce Myself As A New Kx Owner. Im 28yrs Old And Have Ridden Dirt Bikes Since I Was About 4 Yrs Old. I Sold My 05 Crf450 A Few Months Back And Just Picked Up A New 2011 Kx450.

Ive Never Owned A Kawasaki And Wanted To Try Something New. Ive Only Ridden Her Twice But So Far Im Impressed! The Fuel Injection Is So Nice And Crisp. Starting Is No Longer A Chore. Suspension Is Very Plush Alot Nicer Than My 05 Crf450. I Do Have Plans To Revalve And Respring Her But Thats About It.

Added New Grips, Chain/Sprockets,Radiator Braces And Backgrouds Since I Brought Her Home.

I Love The Bike And Look Forward To Contributing And Learning On The Forums! Got A Smokin Deal On Her Even Though The 2012 Was Tempting. But For An Amateur Rider And Weekend Warrior Like Myself This Is Plenty To Keep Me Happy.

Image11122011175432.jpg

Wow, mirror image story here as well. Just unloaded my 05 CRF 450 and picked up a leftover 2011 KX 450 as well for a smokin deal. I just couldn't justify the additional cost for a 2012- I probably am not good enough to notice the difference anyways. I haven't had a chance to ride mine yet-just disassembled, greased and put an hour meter on it. Hows it feel compared to your CRF?

What did you guys pay OTD for your 2011's.

I am about to do the same, just can't afford a 2012 especially with CA prices

Wow, mirror image story here as well. Just unloaded my 05 CRF 450 and picked up a leftover 2011 KX 450 as well for a smokin deal. I just couldn't justify the additional cost for a 2012- I probably am not good enough to notice the difference anyways. I haven't had a chance to ride mine yet-just disassembled, greased and put an hour meter on it. Hows it feel compared to your CRF?

Ive Only Ridden It Once Put About 20 Miles On It At The Desert. I Havent Opened It Up Yet As Hard As That Was To Do. The Suspension Is Much Nicer Than My 05. I Love The Starting Piece Of Cake Compared To The Carbureted Bikes. Throttle Seems Much Snappier And Crisp With The Efi Than My Old Bike. I Still Need To Go Through it And Grease The Linkage Etc. Planning On Hitting The Desert Next Weekend. I Cant Wait To Ride It Again.

Well my season is just about over so I'll have to wait till spring to get out. Have you decided on who your sending your suspension to?

Hey guys,im a new fella to thumpertalk love it so far.i also just recently purchased a 2012 kx450f and its wicked fast and performance is there with you.i ended up paying 8525 for mine out if the dealer.i got my deal through Costco so I ended up saving about 2 grand.lets c what happens down the road

Well my season is just about over so I'll have to wait till spring to get out. Have you decided on who your sending your suspension to?

No Not Yet. I Plan On Putting Some Time On the Stock Setup. I Was Impressed With the Way It Comes Stock So Im Not Really In Too Much Of A Hurry To Do Anything. It Would Probably Be Precision Concepts/Factory Connection/Race-Tech.

Hey guys,im a new fella to thumpertalk love it so far.i also just recently purchased a 2012 kx450f and its wicked fast and performance is there with you.i ended up paying 8525 for mine out if the dealer.i got my deal through Costco so I ended up saving about 2 grand.lets c what happens down the road

You saying you paid 8525 from costco?? I hope not thats not a deal at all thats full sticker.

What part of California are you from? I'm in SoCal and all the dealers here want MSRP+fees. Which comes out to more than $9000.00 for me. I can't bring myself (yet) to pay that price. They also have one 2011 left but they want $6400.00+fees for that one, which I feel is way over priced based on what I see other people have paid for their 2011's.

What part of California are you from? I'm in SoCal and all the dealers here want MSRP+fees. Which comes out to more than $9000.00 for me. I can't bring myself (yet) to pay that price. They also have one 2011 left but they want $6400.00+fees for that one, which I feel is way over priced based on what I see other people have paid for their 2011's.

y not shop outside of california? When i buy brand new bikes i ALWAYS buy out of state.

I know it sounds alot,but when checked them out myself at other dealers,two of them which said that out the door and all that would be plus or minis minus.so when I checked them out at Costco I couldn't pass the deal.i got a 250 gift card for Costco, a two warranty o the bike,a 60 dollar stand and a couple of shirts.yeah its all bullshit stuff they give you but I can't complain.

How is the handling and ergos compared to the older CRF's you sold? Is the EFI really that much better?

I picked up an 04' CRF450 a few months back to replace a blown up Yamaha and have been thinking I should have bought a new 2012 KX450 ever since.....got the itch. May not be able to resist when the prices come down.

How is the handling and ergos compared to the older CRF's you sold? Is the EFI really that much better?

I picked up an 04' CRF450 a few months back to replace a blown up Yamaha and have been thinking I should have bought a new 2012 KX450 ever since.....got the itch. May not be able to resist when the prices come down.

I Really Like The Easier Starting Of My New Kx. Throttle Response Is Sanppier And More Crisp. Also No Hot Start Or Kicking To Find Tdc. Sometimes My Crf Would Get Stubborn And Tire Me Out kicking It When it Was Hot Or On The Side Of A Hill. I Just Feel More Comfortable On My Kx. I Really Like The Suspension So Far On The Kx But I Havent Put Enough Time On It Yet. Ive Still Never Ridden It To My Full Potential So Well See How It Does After i Break Her In A Little More.

The handling of the bike is excellent,also the EFI is really responsive and with you all the way. no glitch in the system yet. I had an 03 yz450 and cant compare to anything.Yeah its pricey but well worth it.

I Really Like The Easier Starting Of My New Kx. Throttle Response Is Sanppier And More Crisp. Also No Hot Start Or Kicking To Find Tdc. Sometimes My Crf Would Get Stubborn And Tire Me Out kicking It When it Was Hot Or On The Side Of A Hill. I Just Feel More Comfortable On My Kx. I Really Like The Suspension So Far On The Kx But I Havent Put Enough Time On It Yet. Ive Still Never Ridden It To My Full Potential So Well See How It Does After i Break Her In A Little More.

Where did you pick up your 2011? I was at Chaparral last weekend and they had about 5 or 6 of them and I saw no 2012's...I think they were still asking too much for the 2011's around $7400-7600 otd.

The handling of the bike is excellent,also the EFI is really responsive and with you all the way. no glitch in the system yet. I had an 03 yz450 and cant compare to anything.Yeah its pricey but well worth it.

Which dealer did you go through with the Costco deal? That is prob the way to go here in CA. These dealers are all batshit wanting MSRP plus ridiculous setup fees.

what are taxes in CA? Gotta be high right? Do you guys out there just not consider going out of state? It seems if your wanting to save $500 - $1000 bucks all you would need to do is leave SoCal where the prices are outrageous and the tax is high probably what 8-10%?

Buy out of state and eliminate ALL TAX and save $700 right off the top.. why give cali $700 more its already expensive to live there..

what are taxes in CA? Gotta be high right? Do you guys out there just not consider going out of state? It seems if your wanting to save $500 - $1000 bucks all you would need to do is leave SoCal where the prices are outrageous and the tax is high probably what 8-10%?

Buy out of state and eliminate ALL TAX and save $700 right off the top.. why give cali $700 more its already expensive to live there..

Tax rate ranges from 7.25 up to 9.25...maybe even higher all depending on county.

If you register it (only reason you wouldnt is if you ride strictly track) here then they hit you with the taxes. I believe it needs to be a year registered in another state before you bring it over to avoid these taxes.

Also dealers here all think their dookie doesnt stink and many try to charge setup and freight fees approaching $1k on top of not wanting to budge...or moving very little off MSRP. Right now the demand is pretty high for the 2012's so perhaps they can.

Wish otdcyclesports didnt go under...well most of it. Now there was a dealer that made sense...one low OTD price for everyone take it or leave it.

ahh..so you need to register your dirtbike to ride it on private land? or what? I know that here in PA if you have an ATV or UTV and you want to ride it on public riding grounds (such as state forest) it needs to be plated, and to be plated it needs to be registered..

BUT no such thing for dirtbikes, they are exempt. Also if you dont intend to ride youre ATV on state forest land you dont need to be plated/registered.

ahh..so you need to register your dirtbike to ride it on private land? or what? I know that here in PA if you have an ATV or UTV and you want to ride it on public riding grounds (such as state forest) it needs to be plated, and to be plated it needs to be registered..

BUT no such thing for dirtbikes, they are exempt. Also if you dont intend to ride youre ATV on state forest land you dont need to be plated/registered.

Private land...no you dont need to be registered. The majority of people out here ride on public land. And even if you could afford a plot of land big enough....they would eventually outlaw it. A few counties have done so already.

Think you can do what you want with your own land? Ha not in Kommiefornia.

All off highway vehicles need to be registered through the DMV with a green or red sticker (thats a big mess as well..dont ask) to ride on public land. Now...most of the areas I ride I do not actually see BLM or anyone to bust you...but there are others that I do so I cannot get away with it.