Sign in to follow this  

'99 CR125 fork

I want to change the oil in the forks, but I need to know what weight oil goes in there, how much of it and is there anything I should be aware of before disassembling them?

I have been dealing with the right side up forks before on street bikes, these marzocchis from the cr125 will be my first USD forks I'll be messing with.

I'm not sure what forks are on a 99 but on the 45's we run 5wt at 105mm with springs

removed and tubes fully compressed. also don't over tighten the fork caps they won't

fall off, and tripple clamp torque is very important to prevent binding 18ft lbs on the top

clamp and 12ft lbs on the lower. also check and regrease your head set bearings while

you have the forks off.

The 99 has 45mm forks as well, I think the oil height was different on those.

New head set bearings are already bought, these will be fitted and grased. I just thought I should check the fork internals also while the bike is in pieces and everything is getting worked on.

When it comes to overtightening things, then bad news is that somebody didnt know anything about it and has overtightened the bottom cap of the left fork. It just turns around and does not move in or out, just sits in there, and it has a slight oil leak around it. :lol: