Sign in to follow this  

Un-killable bikes!

tell your stories of bikes youve owned that are absolutely bullet proof.

ie, bike that never had their oil changed, air filter cleaned or valves checked or any of the things that seems normal too most people.

i never owned one, but my brother owned a rm250x (road legal 2 stroke?). he never doen anythinggggggggggggggggggggggggg to it. litterally just put fuel in, and road it. no maintenance at all. it allways worked.

next was my cousins xr110. oh boy was that a beast or wat. it was absolutely amazingly reliable.

fire away guys!

Hands down one of the toughest little motorcycles ever produced was the Honda XR80. Never check the oil or change air filter, just add gas and go for a zillion miles.

This bike was my best friend for a very long time as a young snot-nosed kid.:lol:

I still have my first real bike, and that's a 1980 honda xr80. It must literally have a zillion miles on it. I still start it up and ride it from time to time.

Edited by juliend

I still have my first real bike, and that's a 1980 honda xr80. It must literally have a zillion miles on it. I still start it up and ride it from time to time.

That's awesome man. I wish I had my first XR80 (1980 as well) back but it was sold along time ago. I did replace it recently with a small collection of the little red XR's including this unrestored 1982 that I bought from the original owner who's daughter was afraid of riding it. Long live these little freedom machines!

IMG_5239.jpg

• Like 2

Looks just like mine used to... lol.

I lost the side number plates, years ago. Replacements are costly! I recently put my first top end and valve seals in it, after 30 years of ownership. I'm not really sure it even needed them, but my daughter was going to start riding it, and I felt safer putting some new parts in it... lol.

1988 xr250r, it would take me pages to describe the insane amount of abuse and torture we put that poor bike through. I have no idea how that thing still rolls forward, let alone run. But it does, and like a freaking champ. Wish I hadn't sold it but I sold it to a friend so I could have a riding buddy and still get to ride it sometimes. It's like a couch on wheels.

You wouldn't be surprised that I'll say PW80. If Yamaha built all their bikes like those, they'd either be the only manufacturer or they'd be out of business due to slow sales.

The things I've seen other people do to them as well as the things I've done to ours, the only thing that came close to killing one was the intake leak creating pre-ignition that I thought was caused by a redesigned head I put on it.

2003 crf150f, i beat that bike to hell and back multiple times and never had problems with it, never changed the oil, changed the filter after about a year of riding and it handled some hard crashes well, never broke, bullet proof bike

i bought a 1979 DS80 this year (awesome little bikes) that didn't even need crank seals.

my 1980 it250 has been through hell and back, at one point it wouldnt even start and if it did it would die immediately, then one day i kicked it it started first kick and hasnt really had a problem since, i even reused the old oil in it a few times when i adjusted the clutch cuz i couldnt afford to buy more lol the only problem ive had is an intermittent clutch slip, i cleaned the filter on it once, its got holes all over the pipe but it still goes like a champ, my siblings and friends call her "big bertha" lmao

crf 50 had for almost 10 years not once did we check the oil or filter the only thing we ever did to it was put a new shift lever on it because i fell and bent the original

X2 for the honda 50's. My buddy has a 95 Z50 that he got in 95 and the only oil change it ever go was in like 2003 when another friend and I were really just curious what the oil looked like... Me along with all my friends have beat and beat and beat on multiple honda 50s and they really are the most bullet proof motors ever. I think the only motor issue I've ever personally seen on one was my buddies kick start shaft seal started leaking...

x3 for the cfrf 50s. i ran one out of oil due to a un noticed hole in the case. drove it miles down the road.(it was a modded pit bike with the 88 kit n stuff) realied she was a little hot so i pulled over. pulled the dip stick out and smoke poured out of the oil hole lol. so i tossed some atf in there that my gf happened to have in her car, drove the bike home. jb welded the case. still started first kick. still ran. still does. just needs some rings cause she smokes a tiny bit now.

also the crf 150f. owned for a 2.5 years. changed oil once and have rode the piss out of it, itrs been raced in the 125 hare scramble class and the devil ate it then shit it out. it still runs like a champ.

my old yz 250. filled the engine full of water mud in the carb and air box.. still ran. those are probly my top 3 bullet proof bikes.

OOORRRRR lol.. my dr 100 was pretty good

ttr 125.it is an 03 and you would not believe me if i told u what that thing has had happen to it. one time my older bro was pissed off at me and took the air filter out. he doesnt now anything and he thought it just wouldnt run because he though it was essential. well i didnt now he did that till about a year later when i was doing the annual air filter check. one time i wanted to go on a long ride with a friend and i only had enough gas to fill it up half way. so i filled it up half way then wheeled it over to the 500 gallon tank of diesel and filled it up the rest of the way. it was alittle temperamental on that ride but hey it got me through the ride.

2003 crf150f, i beat that bike to hell and back multiple times and never had problems with it, never changed the oil, changed the filter after about a year of riding and it handled some hard crashes well, never broke, bullet proof bike

Bingo! My riding buddy had one and never I mean NEVER did anything to it. Great bike

My buddies 1980 Husqvarna 390.. That bike just wouldn't die.. he hammered that thing in the dez for decades before he finally scrapped it..

Had a 1984 cr60 for 5 years that was bullet proof. Got it when i was ten and that bike would take anything and everything you could throw at it and keep running. Even ran with a clump of dog hair in the air box... (didn't know until we got it home)

Miss that bike...

My 91 yz 250. 20 years old with 95% original parts and it still tries to kill me every time i ride it. Love that bike

I had one of these 70's CT70's. Unstoppable. Mine didn't even have a head pipe any more, shot flames out of the engine. Still took any punishment I could dish out.

Img684.gif

I also had an 80 and 85 XR80. Those things were tanks. They would go anywhere you pointed it. Change the oil and clean the filter about once a month. Just occasionally change to oil and clean the filter and never look back!