Sign in to follow this  

In case anyone is interested

Everywhere and its a gem. I'll ship it to you. If I were 10 years younger it wouldn't be posted. Ha. I need a torque monster not a high strung filly!

If I were 10 years younger it wouldn't be posted. Ha. I need a torque monster not a high strung filly!

LOL! Your a year younger than I am.:)

I'd be wanting it for a harescramble bike anyway. Total opposite scenario, 450s in the woods are animals. KX250s make great harescramble/woods bikes though.

I got the KDX so I'll wait, something will show up around here eventually.:lol:

Thats the reason I put it on here on this site to. Peeps here will appreciate it. Yes it would be with a rekluse, Gnarley and a small Fww. If I dont get any action on it I may go that route. Rekluse, No Gnarley.

LOL! Your a year younger than I am.:)

I'd be wanting it for a harescramble bike anyway. Total opposite scenario, 450s in the woods are animals. KX250s make great harescramble/woods bikes though.

I got the KDX so I'll wait, something will show up around here eventually.:lol:

I'm starting to hunt for one of these too. Love the handkig of my hybrid but wanting a little "more". Thinking a kx250 setup for woods may be the ultimate hs bike.

Is Missouri or Oklahoma further from NY? Ok high bid gets it. It does handle very well, way better than my YZ450, as a matter of fact way better is an understatement.

i had a 2005 yz450. loved the bike, but it sucked in the woods. the weight wore me out after a few hours and i could never get it to lean and turn. it would always stand up in corners and i had to fight it. my last couple kx250's were awsome woods bikes. my 96 is a bit high strung for tight woods that i ride but im in the process of mellowing it out. will be fun.

Thanks for the geography lesson, I have a brother in law thats an Okie! Who lives in AZ.

If I were 10 years younger it wouldn't be posted. Ha. I need a torque monster not a high strung filly!

Thats how I got my 05. The PO was a vet A rider, went to a 450. The 05 has a ton of power, you can ride it like a four stroke if it's geared right. If you have stock suspension you're probobly getting beat to death.

i had a 2005 yz450. loved the bike, but it sucked in the woods. the weight wore me out after a few hours and i could never get it to lean and turn. it would always stand up in corners and i had to fight it.

My friends 08 YZ450 is the saqme way. I rode it a couple times but that bike can't turn for crap. You have to really lay it over to get it to perform at all, which is tiring. Was 'ok' on straight sections, that's it. Chassis felt fat and outdated too. The weight of the bike didn't bother me, but I don't like the delay when you crack the throttle. a smoker the hit is instant, a 4 stroke you have to get used to the time it takes for the bike to start moving.

i had a 2005 yz450. loved the bike, but it sucked in the woods. the weight wore me out after a few hours and i could never get it to lean and turn. it would always stand up in corners and i had to fight it...

Couldn't agree more, that is why I am racing a KDX. I am hoping to learn to go as fast on the WR, so I am keeping it, for now.

If I didn't already have an 05 I would snatch that up in a second. Although twins would be nice!! You shouldn't have any problem getting rid if it.

If I didn't already have an 05 I would snatch that up in a second. Although twins would be nice!! You shouldn't have any problem getting rid if it.

Ill trade for an 08 cr450. That is the bike I'm looking for. I like them alot!!!!

Can't part with her Dave. By far, the best bike I ever owned. After all this time I never even considered upgrading.

Can't part with her Dave. By far, the best bike I ever owned. After all this time I never even considered upgrading.

I think alot of newer bikes are a step back. My brother just picked up a 12 KTM450, he loves it. But then again he loves them all for about 10 hrs. :lol:

I agree. At my age (not that I'm old) I don't want any surprises when doing mx or trying to school the A-vet class at a harescramble( being a little sarcastic). I know how my bikes will respond to just about any obstacle I encounter. PLus a new bike probably wont make me any faster. I'll keep the one's I have tight and fresh and go have fun.

Thats how I got my 05. The PO was a vet A rider, went to a 450. The 05 has a ton of power, you can ride it like a four stroke if it's geared right. If you have stock suspension you're probobly getting beat to death.

My friends 08 YZ450 is the saqme way. I rode it a couple times but that bike can't turn for crap. You have to really lay it over to get it to perform at all, which is tiring. Was 'ok' on straight sections, that's it. Chassis felt fat and outdated too. The weight of the bike didn't bother me, but I don't like the delay when you crack the throttle. a smoker the hit is instant, a 4 stroke you have to get used to the time it takes for the bike to start moving.

Biggest problem with me is the thing between my ears. I had a good digger in July spent a few nights in the hospital and 2 months getting over some busted ribs, punctured lung and fractured hip, which I still can't feel. I was over cautious and the bike was new to me, so I didn't have a great time. I do have it for sale but I am really feeling bad for not giving it a fighting chance. I did work up the courage by the end of the day to do a 40' dbl. Which, before the fall looked like a puddle, now it looked like the Grand Canyon! If it doesn't sell soon I'm going to take the ads down send the suspension out and grab a rekluse and give it the chance it deserves.