Any 2012 300 XC-W out there?

I have a deposite on a 2012 300 XC-W. My dealer called me last night after talking to his rep. He told me that there is a possibility that he will not get in a 2012 300 XC-W and according to the rep, KTM is not shipping very many of these bikes to the US. Has any one heard of this?

Should I get an XC?

I know this is a huge debate over the XC and the XC-W and one I am sure will go on and on as long as KTM keeps these fine machines.

I currently have an 06 XC-W. I live on the San Rafael Swell and ride tight desert single track on both the desert and mountain. I am concerned that the XC will be too tall for me?

I had an 06 300 XCW.. I bought a 12 300XC earlier this year.. If it were me I'd get an XC.. IMO it is a much better bike than my W.. The tranny is better as well as the link . The suspension is the best stock offraod KTM suspension I have ridden in 25+ years of riding KTM's.. I highly doubt I'll bother to revalve it. The six speed is seamless.. Install the red PV spring and jet it properly..

Transmissions between the 2 are so close now that it's really hard to even use that as a metric to decide. The real difference is the suspension and that rear link, me I'm not sure I'd want the linkage unless I was planning a lot of track use. With the W you can always get the forks valved to run better on a track but you can never loose that big old link on the rear of the XC.

My friend just bought a a 2012 XC. I've ridden his and he's ridden mine. The only thing I notice is that first gear is lower on the XC-W and there's a bigger space between 1st and 2nd gear. The XC has a seat height about 3/4 of an inch lower than the XC-W. You might like that lower first gear while riding 5-Miles of Hell in the Swell. Alot of my riding is slow, steep single track so I like the lower fist gear. You can't go wrong with either bike.