Oil Starvation problem.

Hi i own a 2010 250 SXF and have owned the bike for about 4 month. The engine had a top end rebuild just prior to me buying it (Piston+Rings, Valves, and Cam Chain also Head redressed. I have only used the bike about 6 times and have had no problem untill now. I used bike last weekend and ran fine, went to take it out this weekend and would not start and noticed had no compression only 40psi. Removed valve cover and noticed the cam surfaces are slightly scuffed up which i thought might be due to lack of oil. Removed the head to find barrell also slightly marked up and piston rings stuck in piston hence no compression. So looks like it could be due to oil starvation. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem with the 2010 model. Probably going to have to get the bottom end checked out but the crank feels ok. Could it be the oil pumps, relief valve, oil pump gears ? I have been using 900ml of oil if oil change only and 1.1 if filter and oil which i hope is enough and i have not been running low on oil.

A completely fresh new top end may not be the problem. My 450 was doing the same thing. Take a look at your cylinder, if the top or bottom of the skirt has any wear or is uneven, the piston won't seal right and will burn more oil. Had my cylinder re-plated( $150) and put a new top end in and everything was good, no more oil consumption. Old rings can cause that problem as well, but if you have new top end....should be fine.