Sign in to follow this  

Suspension setup help

Just got my 2012 KTM 250 SX suspension done had the front and rear re-valved

and a new rear spring that's a 5.6 The front springs stayed stock. The suspension guy said they were fine.

My weight 205lbs without gear and ride motocross.

I went to pickup the bike and the suspension guy set my sag at 88mm

Took the bike out last weekend the bike feels great over the jumps and in the braking bumps it just dose not seem to stay in the corners its like the front end is tucking in. Played with rebound and comp front and rear not a big diff I could see.

So this weekend I moved my rear sag to 95mm some diff in the corners but still kind of scary :lol: when I come in fast.

I have tried moving the front compression and rebound in and out but has made very little diff. I also have moved the forks down and up in the clamps still no diff.

Rear free sag is 22mm

Front fork sag

Bike on stand 304mm

Rider on bike few pushes up and down 244mm

Rider off bike pull up let bike settle in 279mm

So what is my next step to do.

Thanks for any info back.

Ron.

Edited by Ron731

yes you can even go as far as 110mm

Thanks so far for the info

I also wonder if the front springs are to soft for my weight 205lbs no gear

So add 25lbs of gear I am about 230 + or -

Was also looking at a spring site and for my weight on the rear it says 5.8 spring.

Ron.

Your sag numbers 22/95 on back tell you that, like you said a 5.8 will work better. I set them up around 30-35 free with 100-105 rider sag. I also lower the rear internally a tad which works very good. That will settle the back down.

I would then try taking a little preload off the fork springs as 25/60 sag numbers might be a little stiff.

Run the fork height at the 1st line.....

Where do you live? I'll be at Pax Trax all next weekend.....

doc

Your sag numbers 22/95 on back tell you that, like you said a 5.8 will work better. I set them up around 30-35 free with 100-105 rider sag. I also lower the rear internally a tad which works very good. That will settle the back down.

I would then try taking a little preload off the fork springs as 25/60 sag numbers might be a little stiff.

Run the fork height at the 1st line.....

Where do you live? I'll be at Pax Trax all next weekend.....

doc

PM sent :lol: