Sign in to follow this  

Upgrade to New Husky or Rebuild my '06 YZ

I am the kind of person who doesn't normally ask these kinds of questions, but I just gotta see what others think for once.

I have interest in starting harescramble racing in the spring before I deploy again. I'm looking at a 2012 Husqvarna TXC310 which out the door run around $7500.

My 2006 YZ250F already has been re-sprung for my weight and a skid plate. It is set up exactly the way I like it. I would want to upgrade the exhaust Yoshi RS-2 Comp full exhaust ($450), rebuilt the top end ($450), Cycra BarkBusters ($125) and install a WR trans (???).

I already have $1500 into my '06 ($3700 total as of now, Over $5000 after race upgrades).

Is it worth putting over another grand into my soon to be 6 year old bike or go for the new.

Discuss:cool:

I am the kind of person who doesn't normally ask these kinds of questions, but I just gotta see what others think for once.

I have interest in starting harescramble racing in the spring before I deploy again. I'm looking at a 2012 Husqvarna TXC310 which out the door run around $7500.

My 2006 YZ250F already has been re-sprung for my weight and a skid plate. It is set up exactly the way I like it. I would want to upgrade the exhaust Yoshi RS-2 Comp full exhaust ($450), rebuilt the top end ($450), Cycra BarkBusters ($125) and install a WR trans (???).

I already have $1500 into my '06 ($3700 total as of now, Over $5000 after race upgrades).

Is it worth putting over another grand into my soon to be 6 year old bike or go for the new.

Discuss:cool:

Since you only have a few months left before deployment, I would keep the Yammie. You may get the Husky at $7500(maybe) but then will have to dial it in to fit your needs. That will take additional money. And time. And maybe not be completely happy. And mess up your racing season. I would use what you have, save some money while on deployment and go for it big time when you return. Godspeed and thank you for your service! :lol:

Since you only have a few months left before deployment, I would keep the Yammie. You may get the Husky at $7500(maybe) but then will have to dial it in to fit your needs. That will take additional money. And time. And maybe not be completely happy. And mess up your racing season. I would use what you have, save some money while on deployment and go for it big time when you return. Godspeed and thank you for your service! :lol:

I am leaning in that direction. We will just have to see.

Thanks for your support!