Sign in to follow this  

Replacement Speedo

Hey,

This is more for the guys in Aus,

I own an 09 450x,

Recently the registration ran out on me, need to take it down to have a blue slip.

Means I had to put the indicators back on the bike,

Not too bid a deal right? Except it seems that there is a short inside the actual instrument panel, both blinkers come on at the same time now,

I checked all the wiring with a multimeter and the only time I detect a closed circuit between the left and right blinkers is when the instrument panel is plugged in. If I unplug the panel than I dont detect a loop between two indicators.

Now to me it seems I just need to buy a new instrument panel, Now the panel on the bike is branded as Honda but im sure its just something else with a honda logo slapped on it..

Im wondering if anyone with the same model bike has had to replace the instrument panel and if so which brand speedo just plugs into the wiring loom already on my bike..

thanks

$550 bucks? thats outrageous,

Did you find anything else that has the same style plug on the back of it?

No.

I suck at anything electronic and like how the current one has only 1 plug, but it's so easily damaged or the functions don't work for whatever reason.

Hard to spend over $500 on something if it has no warranty or will go haywire during the next rain shower the bike might get caught in.

Thanks,

name your price and payment details,

Actually is it the same style as this speedo?

DSCF7557.jpg

I think the dash we have on our AU bikes is unique to them, so it's aftermarket or nothing really as the Honda ADR one is just too pricey.

Bit of an update here,

Just incase anyone else has the same problem,

With the help of a champion here in Aus I found out that If I just unplug one of the indicator wires (the orange wire) from the instrument panel itself my dash still works fine and there is no longer an short in my system.

• Like 1