Sign in to follow this  

help?

just bought some 2011xc forks to update the '08. when i went to align the forks and compress them they kept getting stuck in the same spot. i compressed them multiple times to see if they were just that out of wack. never got any better and they get stuck about half way through the travel. any idea's?

Any chance there is ding in one of them? It doesn't take much. Putting a metal straight edge against them helps to see even a small imperfection.

problem with them on the bike, or off, secured to the front wheel or floating?

Pulll the fork off and see if while spinning it, the lower tube looks to be straight.

one fork leg was a bit higher in the clamp than the other. i like to run my forks up in the clamps, i ran them a little farther down so i could line them up with the lines in the top of the forks, and they are smooth now, is there anyway to make sure his doesnt happen when reinstalling forks? like if i dont want to run them that far down how can i tell they are infact even?

I usually tighten one leg first, spin the wheel to insure its rolling freely, then tighten the other leg.

one fork leg was a bit higher in the clamp than the other. i like to run my forks up in the clamps, i ran them a little farther down so i could line them up with the lines in the top of the forks, and they are smooth now, is there anyway to make sure his doesnt happen when reinstalling forks? like if i dont want to run them that far down how can i tell they are infact even?

If you have a set of calipers the depth gauge on the bottom will allow you to measure and set them even. Although I don't think them being a bit off in the clamps would cause the problem you had.